“Great River Raft Trip”

Boquete Outdoor Adventures
Ranked #1 of 47 things to do in Boquete
More attraction details
Owner description: Boquete Outdoor Adventures is Panama's premier provider of amazing whitewater rafting trips, as well as cloud forest hiking, island trips with snorkeling and sea kayaking, coffee tours, zip lining, whitewater kayaking, bird watching, humpback whale watching, horseback riding, and hiking or 4x4 Jeep tours of Volcan Baru. Located in the gorgeous mountains and slopes of Volcan Baru, Boquete is an eco-traveler's paradise. We provide the most experienced guides and amazing travel packaged experiences all over Panama. Please contact us as we would love to arrange all of your Panama Vacation details.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 19 May 2014

From the start with Jim the owner and his staff...all were great to work with. I went on the Pipe Line tour yesterday and will do the Canapy Tour on Tuesday, but on Monday I went white water rafting on the Chiriqui River. It was a great day with a good group of guys...a mix from the Netherlands, Germany, Argentina and the USA. The ride was a little longer than I thought, but once we got to the launch location the guides were great...we had a nice lunch about half way through the trip on the river and they couldn't have been nicer. Great interaction with the other guests...I have been on bigger rapids, but there was enough here to make everyone happy.

TeamBOA, Owner at Boquete Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thanks Michael! We had a great time meeting you here in Boquete and we're happy to hear you had such an awesome time Whitewater Rafting in Panama! We hope to see you again soon!

All reviews
in 25 reviews
"costa rica"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife's family visited us in Boquete and we all went rafting on the Chiriqui Viejo. This was our first rafting trip in the area, and BOA did an awesome job with the entire trip. They provide the transportation, equipment, photos, and a damn delicious lunch about halfway down the river. Even with my wife's special habit of injuring herself during the easiest of tasks, we were in good hands; the owner and guides were conscious of safety and operated in a professional manner the entire time. Oh, and sodas and beer waiting for us when we were done rafting? Perfect end to an awesome trip!

We're glad to hear you had such a great time rafting here in Panama (and your wife's habit didn't act up on the river)! We hope to see you again very soon!

Thanks for your feedback!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I had an excellent time white water rafting on a Saturday with Boquete Outdoor Adventures. From the start their staff was very welcoming both at the office while filling out the waiver forms and durning the van ride to the landing zone at the river. Jim the owner was nice enough to set my wife up with a helmet that already had an attachment to fit our GoPro camera and he even loaned us the attachment we were missing to secure everything on top. They fitted us with helmets and boat shoes prior to starting the van ride. Great detailed instructions prior to starting out on the Viejo Chiriqui River (Class 3+ Rapids).
Awesome day on the water. Stopped at about the 7kilometer mark for a water side lunch. Then we continued on down the river. Great day out on the river. We saw some monkeys along with all kinds of vegetation. We are extremely happy that we chose to do this activity with this group of guys. Special thanks to Papito one of the guides and I can't remember the other guide's name.

Thanks for joining us rafting! We're glad to hear you had such a fun time, and our guides (Papito and Freddie) are excellent at making sure every client is well taken care of! I hope your wife's GoPro footage came out great, we'd love to see it somehow.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My girlfriend and I just spent 3 days in Boquete and I must say that BOA helped make it an unforgettable experience. Jim and his staff know how to make you feel at home while guiding some fun and challenging excursions. First, we did the 3 waterfall hike which was both gorgeous physically challenging. Our guide, John, has lived in Boquete his whole life and was fun and engaging throughout the whole hike. After the hike we did the coffee tour where Rich took us up to his fair-trade coffee farm. Here we learned about the industry, and tasted some amazingly fresh and delicious coffee. The next day we went white water rafting with Amy, Freddie and Pepito. The water was warm, rapids were challenging and the guides were fantastic. I definitely recommend Boquete Outdoor adventures and look forward to going back!

Thanks Reuben and Julie! We loved having you here in Boquete and we're so glad to hear you had an amazing time on your trip to Panama. Please come back to see us again soon. Safe journeys back in California.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was my second time to Boquete and to this tour agency. Granted we had great experience first time I feel i need to warn people about some things they need to be aware of. Owner, Jim was very helpful and understanding once we got to the place, but communicating with receptionist Nicole over the emails trying to book, get information on, and pay for tours was very frustrating and challenging, there seem to be a language barrier and some things from both our side and hers did not make it across. If you want to have a great overall experience I would book all hiking, bird watching, rafting and fishing tours here! John and Jim are the guys you want to handle your tours, and if possible all communications I would hold with anyone else but Nicole.

We're glad to hear you had an amazing time on our tours, so much so, that you were a repeat client. You thoroughly enjoyed your rafting, hiking, and island tour, which is the most important part of your trip.

We have been known to have excellent customer service, so we're unhappy to hear that there was a "language barrier" (as you described it) with our receptionist. That has never been a complaint we've received before as she is completely fluent in both English and Spanish. We wish that didn't mean a 3-Star review from you as you were very clear about how great of a time you had with us during your trip to Boquete.