Hostal Gaia
US$284
US$252
Hotels.com
Excellent 5/5
Boquete Tree Trek Mountain Resort(Boquete)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$99
US$185
US$127
US$108
Great 4.5/5
The Haven and Spa(Boquete)
US$109
Travelocity
Hotel Ladera(Boquete)
US$109
US$87
Very Good 4/5
TripAdvisor
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbed dormnice living roomquiet placeshared kitchengreat kitchenmain towntwo blocksexcellent locationwell equipped kitchencomfortable bedshot waterthe riverhostelgardensupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I ejoyed my stay at Hostal Gaia, I thought it was very cute and relaxed. It was also well kept and I felt very safe. The staff gave my friends and I great tips on tours and restaurants in the area. The only downfall is that there was only one bathroom for the whole floor I was in, and sometimes it is hard to share a restroom with seven other people. That is normal for a hostel though. I would suggest staying there!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The rooms are quite dated, as are the furniture and fittings. We stayed in the triple by the office and the toilet looked like an airplane toilet and it sounded like an airplane taking off every time we flushed it! If you think this is an exaggeration, please stay in the room and see for yourselves! We asked to see the other room which was outside but it smelt terribly of mould. Not sure if it was because of the rainy season but I couldn't have slept in there. The place has laundry facilities and a kitchen, but personally I would rather have a comfortable room, rather than extras. Wouldn't really recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days, after meeting a guy who told us to stay there. this is exactly the type of places we enjoy: small (2 dorms 4 - 6 people + a few private rooms), quiet (the whole city is anyway), lots of amenities (coffee, books, games, kitchen) and a hot shower after being on the road for a long time. beds are comfy and the place is really clean. the staff is friendly, and is located just next to an amazing bakery. If we had to go back to boquete, we would go there again, any time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

For $11 a night in the rainy season, Hostel Gaia was a great deal. The beds were comfy with good blankets since it can get cold. The kitchen is kept pretty clean and is probably the best equipped I think I have seen yet, with a microwave, toaster oven, gas stove, lots of plates and silverware, and every cooking tool I felt I needed. The atmosphere is relaxed and all in all it was a good stay. I was here for four days.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great little hostel. We shared a meal with the staff, lovely people. Great rooms, good location, excellent rates for what you get. TV room, clothes washing facilities and kitchen well supplied with utensils etc, excellent facility. Private rooms are brilliant - ensuite. Space outdoors, and very welcoming.

Room Tip: Dorms are about 6 bed, private rooms worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple