“71-yr-old comfortable in a Hostel!”
Review of Hostel Mamallena

Hostel Mamallena
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Arriving in Boquette, my adult daughter and I spotted a hostel near the bus stop. We're both experienced travellers but I've been more of a nice hotel kind of gal in my past. Nadine had stayed in hostels in Australia in her younger years. But for $33/night for a private room, 2 beds, private bath, we were quite happy to spend the saved $$$ on nice dinners out! The staff here were great. They were fun, helpful and in general made this a positive experience. The intermittent hot water can happen in even good hotels in this part of the world. We were right on the town square so it was a bit noisy, but being close to everything made up for the traffic and the birds in the park. The entire complex was clean and comfortable. The young travellers certainly didn't make me feel out of place. There are many hostels in Boquette but I'm glad we stumbled upon this one.

Room Tip: We were in the front room right over the office and across the street from Central Park. We happene...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank freddie43Kenora

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very professional service and staff that can inform you about tons of activities in the area and even extended to the Bocas area or whole Panama. Very nice interior, where you can meet people from all over the world in a nice atmosphere. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Staying here is a very good deal!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Mamallena is a Great place to stay in Boquete. Its right in the Heart of the town and you can get Information about all kinds of activities from the friendly and helpful staff at Mamallena. You can even Book Tours directly At Mamallena. The place has a good vibe, people of all ages and clean, Big rooms. Go there!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I really liked mamallena in boquete. the hostel has a great vibe and seems to naturally attract cool people. its easy to chill and at the same time if you want to have a drink you'll always find a companion. as a base to do outdoor things its fantastic. its not hard to get anywhere from it and it's easy to do a lot in a short time with the tours and transport they offer (take the challenge and do the volcano!). the beds, even in the dorms, were unusually comfortable, and the kitchen is big and well equipped. because i had such a good time here i heartily recommend it to other people!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Good find. Right next to bus "station." It is also within walking distance to many restaurants and yummy bakeries. The room was spacious and clean. There was not a fan in the room but the window could be opened, a screen is provided, which allowed plenty of air in. They advertise that breakfast is included and that translates to pancake mix is provided and you make the pancakes yourself. My boyfriend was kind enough to bring me breakfast in bed so I never saw the kitchen. There was no hot water during the three nights we were there. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have stayed many times in Mamallena because it has a great location, right in the middle of everything, and next to a very nice bar restaurant.

I'm a woman that sometimes travel by myself and Mamallena always have made me feel cool and safe. Miguel and the staff always help in everything that I have needed and make me feel in family.

Without mention the fun part of the place, there is always something to do in a very friendly enviroment. What is important for me when I go to vacation! and a lot of activities around Boquete with a great price.

I love Boquete, I love the people, I love Mamallena.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was going to stay in Boquete for only a few days...but because of Mamallena i ended up staying there for almost 2 weeks!
The most important is the great athmosphere in the hostel...its so easy to meet new people here, outside in the garden, or in the big and well equiped kitchen (they even got a blender)!
In this period there was 2 times a BBQnight.. Great food, and cheap rum and cokes!
The location is perfect!...right in the center and close to the busstop and a supermarket.
The staff is very helpfull, and the tour i did (tripple combo with coffee tour) was great and good value for money.
If i am in Panama again, i will for sure visit Boquete and Mamallena again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo