“Great fast food!”

Nelvis
Ranked #45 of 109 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a great, cheap place to grab some lunch. The portions make it good value for money and the chichas are good too.

This is a good option for local Panamanian food and it's lovely to be able to sit outside on a sunny day.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

When I travel, I like to eat in locally owned and run restaurants, and I also like a good value. Nelvis was recommended to me, but I was quite disappointed. My husband and I went for breakfast, and we had no complaints about the food. But the place was like a cafeteria, the server was not at all friendly (he wore ear buds the whole time), and we didn't feel like we had any kind of local experience.

By contrast, we had all the rest of our breakfasts at Fonda de la Merry, which is unfortunately not listed in Trip Advisor. There, a true local restaurant, the food was excellent--we loved the vegetable omelet ($2), the hojaldres (fried pancakes, I think 60 or 80 cents), and the fruit salad of papaya, banana, and pinapple ($2) that was big enough for two. We spent between $5 and $7 combined for our two breakfasts each day. There the service was warm and cheerful, we spoke with the server/owner each day, we met her son, and she gave us a hug on our last day. It's one block south of the square (at the 2nd street from the bridge where Duran Coffee is) in a green building.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Quick, steam table comida tipica in a small house with some indoor and outdoor tables. They are supposed ot have some of the best fried chicken in Boquete. My husband had the fried chicken and liked it. I thought it a bit dry and didn't have enough spicing. I had soup, which was flavorful but had a lot of chicken neck bones in it, which was okay once I figured out what they were and could fish them out before biting into them, and a house salad - nothing special. What gives them the very good rating is the very yummy homemade yogurt they sell with fresh fruit on the bottom (strawberry, mango and a few other choices) and the excellent prices. Our whole meal for two, including desert and drinks, cost less than $8.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Try this Typcio restaurant behind Habla ya and Big Daddy's if you want reasonably priced, freshly cooked local food. You may not LOVE it but then again, you might want to go back 4 times a week. Give it a try. When in Boquete....

Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

All the locals recommend this place for breakfast. We went there at 9am and there was not a soul in sight to serve us. We even went into the kitchen. The food looked old and dry like it was yesterdays dinner...