“When everyone around you can smell the rotten, sour mozzarella cheese, don't serve it to a customer!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro Boquete - CLOSED

Bistro Boquete
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Ok, so in theory, I love their menu. It has a decent selection of items and decently priced sandwiches. Today, my wife and I went back to Bistro and I couldn't be more p*ssed off about the experience.

We both ordered the pastrami sandwich - which was supposed to have carmelized onions, jalapeno cheese, and pastrami. No onions, 1 slice of pastrami (no exaggeration), and ROTTEN mozzarella cheese. Pretty unforgivable in my book... I literally brought this to the attention of 2 employees, and when they asked what was wrong with the cheese, I held the plate up and didn't even need to waft the sour, rotten smell for them to realize. After asking for the bill and explaining the situation, they STILL CHARGED for the sandwiches, which we had only had a couple bites out of before we started questioning what the sour, rotten taste was... nope, it wasn't saurkraut, which was our first thought.

UNFORGIVABLE. There is no way in hell the cook didn't realize he was putting rotten cheese on these skimpy, cheaply made sandwiches. You've lost our business by providing such an insulting lunch.

2 stars only because the waitress was actually prompt and polite.

• Visited March 2014

Saint Jerome, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Looking for a fast lunch in town center, this place is excellent for soups a burger which is supposed to be mini, but beware it is a large burger

San Pedro, Belize
“Above average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We enjoyed a light dinner here one evening. They make good soup. I would go back when I am a bit more hungry. Every thing I saw on other peoples tables looked good.

Edmonton
“Great Perch to People Watch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Located on Main St. This two storey restaurant sits 3 tables outside on the second one floors for 2 or 3 persons only as it is narrow. Yes it is noisy and our table was definitely dusty however our waitress resolved that. Varied menu but we had burgers, wings and fries(nope not homemade). Meal was ok but forgetable There was only one other table occupied when we arrived for lunch, and our meal took 50 minutes to arrive. If you are in a hurry this is not the place luckily we were not.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Boquete, Panama
“VERY TASTY & ASSORTED MENU”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have eaten here a ½ dozen times by now…working my way through the menu:-) The menu offers a large variety of dishes from sandwiches to full meals. All the items that I have tried have been fresh and tasty.

Seat yourself upstairs or down, inside or out. The place is popular with locals and visitors. The staff is pleasant and communicates well in “Spanglish”.