“A must stop in Boquete”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Panama City, Panama
“A must stop in Boquete”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have gone twice to this restaurant and it never disappoints. Each time I have gone, I've sat down to wonderful meals. Whether I had a burger, soup or pork chops, the ingredients have been fresh, and the dishes have been executed with expert technique. The food is far better than the pub/saloon ambiance. The staff is friendly and courteous. I can't wait to go back and have more meals here.

• Czech first
Boquete, Panama
“Good food at Panamanian prices”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

THe food is always good and the service is exceptional for Panama! Always good hamburgers and the typico food is fantastic, gotta try the Sancocho Sopa.The owners work very hard to provide the best service and good pricing.

1 Thank Wildbst
Washington, DC
“Good choice for lunch, especially the specials!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My first meal in Boquete during a week's stay was at the bistro on a corner on the main drag of Boquete. The restaurant has two levels and a few tables on a balcony upstairs. The service was friendly and they had a decent and inexpensive list of specials. I chose the sea bass (corvina) and it was excellent, coming with a small salad and rice. It was not crowded this particular day at lunch, which attracted a mix of ex-pat residents and tourists, and a handful of Panamanians. Good choice for Boquete!

• Visited February 2014
Washington
“When everyone around you can smell the rotten, sour mozzarella cheese, don't serve it to a customer!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Ok, so in theory, I love their menu. It has a decent selection of items and decently priced sandwiches. Today, my wife and I went back to Bistro and I couldn't be more p*ssed off about the experience.

We both ordered the pastrami sandwich - which was supposed to have carmelized onions, jalapeno cheese, and pastrami. No onions, 1 slice of pastrami (no exaggeration), and ROTTEN mozzarella cheese. Pretty unforgivable in my book... I literally brought this to the attention of 2 employees, and when they asked what was wrong with the cheese, I held the plate up and didn't even need to waft the sour, rotten smell for them to realize. After asking for the bill and explaining the situation, they STILL CHARGED for the sandwiches, which we had only had a couple bites out of before we started questioning what the sour, rotten taste was... nope, it wasn't saurkraut, which was our first thought.

UNFORGIVABLE. There is no way in hell the cook didn't realize he was putting rotten cheese on these skimpy, cheaply made sandwiches. You've lost our business by providing such an insulting lunch.

2 stars only because the waitress was actually prompt and polite.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank lobo777
Saint Jerome, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Looking for a fast lunch in town center, this place is excellent for soups a burger which is supposed to be mini, but beware it is a large burger