“Truly Areviews”
Review of The Haven and Spa

The Haven and Spa
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Boquete
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The Haven truly is a haven of serenity, peace, tranquility, comfort and excellent clinical spa treatments.

A short way along a small lane off the road into Boquete you turn into The Haven and enter a different world. Set in secluded, tranquil and beautiful grounds the modern boutique spa facility and its rooms are beautifully designed and constructed. The treatment rooms and spa facilities are completed to a high standard and the gym is well equipped.

The spa is managed by experienced and caring health professionals and the staff are thoroughly professional, highly skilled, helpful and very friendly.

The rooms are comfortable and adequate. There is no restaurant but there are coffee shops and restaurants minutes away in Boquete.

We have been to many spas around the world and this compares with the best except that it offers far better value.

We went to Boquete to experience the town, the region and it's climate but ended up in addition with an excellent spa experience. We will return

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank PeterJayBee

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Haven Spa is definitely a place to visit if you are in Boquete. Beware though you will probably want to change hotels. We did but it was sold out. Instead we joined the facilities and attended everyday.

The owner and Priscilla are exceptionally welcoming and the property is gorgeous! The gym and spa are modern, a perfect place to unwind and pamper yourself. Superb service, spotless surroundings… I enjoyed every spa treatment. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Haven to celebrate our anniversary. We were so pleased with the choice we made, it was the perfect hotel for us. It is conveniently located just off the main road in Boquete, very close to the entrance of town. It's a boutique hotel with very personalized service, yet you still have your own private room with a great patio. The rooms are very comfortable, clean, and modern, the bathroom and shower are huge, and they have full cable TV (and the hotel has an entire DVD library to choose from). There is also a helpful guide book in each room to give you restaurant recommendations and all hotel and spa info. We really liked that there was a small refrigerator in the room stocked with a mini-bar of all healthy snacks and in addition there was a light breakfast of yogurt, cereal and fruit included in the price of the room, already waiting for us when we arrived.
The main focus at The Haven is on the spa, pool/jacuzzi, and gym facililites...which are all very clean and well organized. The massage rooms are big and well appointed. The massage therapists are extremely knowledgeable, and we received very professional and amazing massages! In addition, Priscilla was extremely helpful to me when booking the room. She responded to all of my emails promptly, answered all of my questions, assisted me with my reservation and also sent me a map and directions to get to the hotel. So overall, I would definitely recommend The Haven to anyone looking to have a relaxing and convenient stay in Boquete. And you won't find a better spa in the area!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoccoHollywood
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed at the Haven for two weeks while we attended Spanish languages classes at Habla Ya. It was such a relaxing and refreshing place to stay. It is more expensive that other hotels in the area but offers a great gym, excellent massages (a bit pricy but the massage rooms provide a superb environment!), an endless pool, etc. You can arrange for a light breakfast in the room, otherwise, the nearest restaurant is a 10 minute walk away. The grounds are impeccable and I cannot say enough good words about the friendly and helpful staff and owner!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doug S
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We drove into town without a reservation and stopped to check out rooms at the Haven. We viewed a "regular room" without AC and a deluxe with AC. We opted for the deluxe, even though it was cool enough that we did without AC, because it had a nice patio looking out on the hills and had very small creek running about ten feet away. It was a nice place to sit at the end of the day and a good place for breakfast in the morning. The room came with a king size bed, wardrobe, minibar, and flat-screen TV.

The Haven has great exercise facilities, a lap pool, dry and wet saunas, and of course a spa. I don't know of another place in town you will find facilities as good as those available to guests at the Haven. I will also commend their recommendations on places to eat and tours to consider. The breakfast was a bit spartan but that was no doubt just what I needed.

I recommend you stay at the Haven and my spouse highly recommends their SPA.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jsthouston
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My boyfriend and I absolutely loved this place. Very nice rooms with your own balcony with a table and chairs to have a nice picnic or whatever you choose. State of the art gym with a racket ball court!! They also have an exercise pool with separate jacuzzi. I got the "Totally Spoil Yourself" treatment at the spa and enjoyed it so much! The staff and owner, Howard, are friendly and helpful. This is also located "off the beaten path" so it's nice and quiet. I highly recommend staying at The Haven, however, call in advance as they only have 6 rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My husband and I sayed here and absolutely loved it. The setting is gorgeous, the rooms a very nice, the spa services are fantastic and the service is just right. We highly recommend anyone to stay here while in Boquete. It is convenient to everything and is just such a lovely spot. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple