“Hands down best in Boquete”
Review of The Rock

The Rock
Ranked #5 of 106 Restaurants in Boquete
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, International, Central American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At THE ROCK, our vision is founded on enjoying food as a fundamental quality of life, at times provocative but always aimed at preserving the purity of the original flavor.Because of the climate and dedication of its producers, our home town Boquete with its surrounding and higher areas of Chiriquí offers an incredible collection of fresh food products.THE ROCK offers food without pretenses, great wines and artisan beers.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Please believe me when I say that this meal was hands down the best I've had in Boquete. My wife and I have eaten here twice. Both times for dinner and both times we enjoyed our meals entirely. Set near the Caldera River this restaurant delivers great quality food at very fair prices. Compared to what we're used to, our $80 or $90 dinners here with tip, would've been $150 or $200 plus, back home in Jersey or NY. But don't let the prices steer you away. Freshness is key here. And they definitely don't skimp on quality ingredients or attention to detail. Stop in for dinner, believe me you will not be disappointed. We will probably eat here a couple more times before we leave Boquete. Oh So Good!

There are newer reviews for The Rock

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I visit this place every time i go to boquete. the ribs are one of my favorite dishes but there's many to pick from.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Sit outside and enjoy great service and delicious food
Everything we had was prepared perfectly and very fresh

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The overwhelmingly positive recommendation to dine at the Rock came from the Staff at the Palo Alto hotel where we were staying. We were joined by fellow guests from the hotel along with another gentlemen we had met in a conference in Panama City the previous weekend.

Since we live in South Florida and get fresh seafood all the time, the meal was just so-so. However the atmosphere and live music (on Monday Night Jazz night) was amazing!!! Overall, we were very pleased with the dining experience and would definitely return!!

1  Thank DrKaren E
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was highly anticipating my visit to The Rock restaurant in Boquete. I had heard wonderful things, so we made a reservation well in advance. Make sure you call or email to reserve a table. The setting is not too spectacular, no great views or anything. But it is very well designed, open and elegant. The services was very professional, top-notch. The food was...to put it lightly, out of this world. We shared four different dishes, two appetizers and two entrees. Every bite was so delicious and expertly prepared. The flavors were so rich and wonderful. My strawberry mojito was not very impressive, but they have enough beers and wines to keep one happy. The portions are very big. Prices are expensive for Panama, but not expensive compared to U.S. or European prices. The Rock is a bit out of the center of Boquete. We took a public bus there, then it was easy to get a taxi back after dinner.