“Our first choice in Boquete”
Review of Il Pianista

Il Pianista
Ranked #20 of 104 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: phone number 507 720 2728
Panama
“Our first choice in Boquete”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This small and attractive restaurant is located just next to a river and in the entrance of the Pianista trail of Boquete, it's about five minutes by car from the center. We always look for this place as the first choice for dinner, food is very good, I love the pasta and my kids the pizza, prices are reasonable and service is great. The only thing is that since it's family operated, they may be closed on unexpected days, including weekends and holidays. My solution of this is to call them first to find out.

• Visited June 2014

“great food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The service was outstanding. The food we ordered was fresh and delicious. Wine selection was poor.very relax and casual atmosphere.

Visited April 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful setting - so,so food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We drove around for quite a while to get to Il Pianista.
I read a review on Lonely Planet that had me insist to my partner that this was where I wanted to have dinner.
When we finally got there, I loved the setting. Its a rock built place that sits by a small waterfall.
You can hear the water fall as you are sitting in the diner and its very soothing and sets the ambiance.
The food is another story, I had the spinach ricotta ravioli and was so disappointed I could not even finish it. My partner had a plate of pasta which he said was good, so it was a 50/50 opinion.
The service was really good, there was never a moment where we felt unattended and the place was quite full, mostly what seemed to be retired Europeans and Americans.

• Visited May 2014
“don't bother”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was not a wonderful Italian dinner. I had my heart set on spaghetti and this was not even close.Chef Boy Ardee?

Visited May 2014
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Large tasty pizza on the river side”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Nice place and pizza at a sicilian place. The view on the river is relaxing and the pizza cooked in front of you in a nice traditional oven.

Visited April 2014