The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I can't really add much beyond what the other reviews say here - they are true. Randy is a perfect host, and his guest suites and estate are a beautiful place to stay. My wife and I stayed here for two nights in January as part of a 12-day Panama trip, and both agreed without question that it was our favorite stay of the trip, and probably the best place we'd ever stayed on a vacation together. The coffee is excellent as well. Great job Randy!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at M.M. for three nights during out honeymoon in Panama. When choosing somewhere to stay in Boquete, we came across the tripadvisor reviews for M.M. and booked it with a slight concern that nothing could live up to the high praise Randy, and the suites, receive.

That concern evaporated within 2 seconds of Randy helpfully picking us up and transporting us the ten minutes it takes to get to his STUNNING estate with plunging views over the beautiful valley. The suites are simply beautiful and of an extremely high standard. From the beds to the bathroom accessories to the furniture in the living room - no expense has been spared.

The "Ranchito" is a covered area a stone's throw from the suites, with four comfortable chairs, and hammocks to relax in while watching the birds and wondering if there is a better location on earth.

There is not much more I can add about Randy himself, that has not been said before. He takes such pride in the service he provides and is such a likeable person that you have no doubt making your stay there as enjoyable as possible is the top of his priorities (despite running a busy, and brilliant, coffee estate at the same time). I for one am sometimes a little bit concerned by suggestions of an overpowering host as we like our personal space, but while being incredibly attentive, Randy also respects your personal space as if he can physically see it.

There is nothing that could make this place better. It is the best value and most enjoyable stay we have ever had, anywhere in the world. I wouldnt just recommend staying here if you are in Boquete - in fact i wouldnt just recommend staying here if you are in Panama - I would recommend coming to Panama, just to experience this place.

Well done Randy (and Chubbs and Snack!)

1  Thank travelranger123
Reviewed 10 January 2013

It's almost pointless to write a review because all of the wonderfully true things about Manana Madera have already been said. First of all, Randy is one of the most genuinely kind, passionate, and interesting people you will ever encounter. His pets, Chubbs and Snack, are adorable and compassionate and you will love having them around. The bed and pillows were some of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The towels were lush and the products provided were excellent. Randy did not cut any corners and you will appreciate every detail. We couldn't believe how much space we had and how well thought out everything was. It's quite hard to believe that Randy did not study hospitality but it's obviously in his blood. Breakfast was phenomenal, as was his coffee (be sure to buy a few bags)! The views are spectacular and we saw zero bugs while enjoying wine and cheese on the ranchito in the evenings. Randy had excellent recommendations for both activities and dinners, and the drivers he uses, who are also guides, (Oscar from Mucho Gusto and Daniel) are the friendliest around. You are given a cell phone and Randy will pick you up or drive you into town. If you're lucky enough to get into Randy's incredibly sought after coffee estate, you must absolutely plan your trip around his availability as we did! I would recommend whitewater rafting, the pipeline tour down the street, and fish tacos/fish sandwiches at Big Daddy's. Also, be aware that Randy is 2,000 ft above the town so you will need to get a 10-12 minute taxi into town. They are cheap, $7, and Randy often drove us one way. The location was prime for us because of the views but if you prefer to stay in town and go out late into the night, this wouldn't be the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KingTraveler1
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Awesome!!! When have you ever heard a bed and breakfast joint described as 'awesome'?? Well, let me tell you - this place is 'AWESOME'. It is all down to the owner - Randy - who is just the best, the most incredible host that you are likely to meet - anywhere!!. We arrived into Boquete early in the morning after an overnight bus journey from Panama City via David. We were tired and breakfast in Boquete was pretty basic. Randy told us to phone him and he would pick us up from town - so we did. By the time we reached his coffee estate I was transformed. I wasn't tired. I wasn't thinking of sleeping. I was up for anything. This guy oozes enthusiasm and he knows Boquete like the back of his hand. We stayed for 3 nights at Manana Madera (only because he was full the rest of the time we were there - in fact we changed our plans to be able to stay for the 3 nights he had free about that time). We asked Randy about things to do and he sorted it all out in a flash. Everything that he suggested was just great. We met an American couple who suggested a restaurant to us and we tried it. Randy had already said it was OK but nothing more. We went there and it was OK - nothing more. The restaurants that he recommended were superb!! This review would not be complete without mention of Chubbs, Randy's dog. He sat outside out French doors (he knows not to come inside) and was THE pet from home. He is just gorgeous. Final points - great breakfast. Excellent recommendations for eating e.g, Big Daddy's fish tacos and margharitas. Excellent recommendations for trips e.g. white water rafting, zip-lining, horse-riding. The guest book at Manana Madera is full of gushing compliments. I remember one that said Manana Madera was one of the top 3 B n Bs that this couple had stayed in in the whole world. I agree. I would put Randy's B n B in my top top 3. If you are thinking of visiting Panama please consider staying in Boquete at Manana Madera Suites. You will not be disappointed. Book well in advance. This guy gets booked up for months ahead. Finally - look at the price he charges. Unreal. The best coffee I have ever tasted. The best hospitality I had ever enjoyed. You get a sizeable bedroom AND a lounge for your money. AWESOME. Believe me. AWESOME.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chouen
Reviewed 6 January 2013

What can we say? When reading the other recommandations we can only say: we very much agree! We felt very welcome here and we simply loved the place with it's wonderful view, the colourfull birds, the dog Chubbs and the great guest house.

The owner, Randy, is very friendly and relaxed and will make you feel very welcome. He will give you suggestions for things to the and places to eat. He seems to be very populair in the village too, because when a host in a restaurant asks you where you are staying they get very enthousiastic when hearing Mañana Madera's and Randy's name.

Maybe the only point of improvement could be a window stick for birds, as we watch two bids seriously hurt itself. The second one, a humming bird, looked very dead. But when we wanted the bury it, it had dissapeared. Maybe a miricle happened or maybe the cat got it...

But seriously, this place is perfect!

1  Thank Pepper1978
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I have never stayed at a place where my wants and needs were so attended to. Randy is the most amazing host. The room was incredibly well-appointed, great linens, towels, toiletries along with a wonderful coffee maker and freshly roasted/ground coffee straight from the estate. The bedroom had a wall of windows that allowed us the most amazing view of the stars at night. We were awakened by the most beautiful sunrise. Breakfast was awesome (fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, juice) and was accompanied by a friendly visit from Chubbs the dog who awaited me on the stairs leading up to our room (he loves left-over toast, by the way). A beautiful deck with comfortable chairs and hammocks overlooks a heavenly valley where we enjoyed our morning coffee and evening cocktails.

The surrounding farmland areas are beautiful and ideal for a morning stroll (the hills will give you a great workout) and everything is so peaceful and quiet. The climate is cool and a bit misty and reminds me of Northern California.

Randy is one of the sweetest and kindest people I've ever met. He is always bending over backwards to accommodate our needs, from stocking the little refrigerator with beers, to arranging taxis, restaurant reservations and helping with airline ticketing. At the end of our stay, I felt incredibly sad to have to leave. It was an absolutely wonderful experience and I will definitely be back. Randy...thank you for making our vacation so wonderful!

xoxo,
Lori

Room Tip: Both rooms are great.