“What a special place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boquete
The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate
Union, New Jersey
“What a special place”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

It's hard to write a review for a place that you want no one else to know about. A sense of personal greed comes over me when I think about The Guest Suites at Mañana Madera Coffee Estate. From reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we knew to expect arriving to a phenomenal place. But we didn't know how great it would feel to be here. This place is very special. This place is really phenomenal. Now I'm all for going on a vacation and disconnecting. But in the world we live in and given what my wife and I do for a living, we need to have a connection to the outside world. No prob, this place has excellent wifi in the room, a tv and an iPod Dock. Most of which I refused to use as it would take time away from me listening to the birds and hearing the mountain valley winds.

Yeah it might sound cheesy but this really is a magical place. Randy, the owner is a hell of a guy. Treats you as well as family but is not invasive or intrusive. He will kindly offer up suggestions for lunch or dinner and believe me when I tell you they're spot-on. The views from Mañana Madera are breathtaking. Can't be duplicated anywhere else in the world. Clear views of the Baru Volcano on clear days. Let's not forget that this place is a working coffee farm. What's not to love. Several other parts of the property are also farmed for onions, cabbage and potatoes. Just a walk around the property will reassure you that this is where you need to be to clear your head, listen to what's inside and remember what's really important in life. I can't recommend this place enough.

As you read from others here on TA, the suites are very we'll put together, very nicely decorated, huge picture windows and sliding glass doors which all let you what the mountain is made of. Excellent place to stay if you want to explore Boquete. Set a couple of miles up the road from the center of town, perfect if you like to have your cake and eat it too. Just far enough, but close enough if you know what I mean. Randy deals with a couple of taxi drivers specifically catering to his guests. So getting around is as simple as asking Randy to call you a taxi. Best place to stay in Boquete, Hands Down!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I came here expecting a great place after reading all the 5 star reviews on Tripadvisor, and yet it still exceeded my expectations. In all my stays at some of the best B&Bs around the world I've never met a host as amazing as Randy. He went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. And the guest suites are some of the best accommodations I've ever stayed at. Besides being nice, spacious and well equipped, the huge windows and the view will take your breath away. We woke up in the morning with birds singing and the forest at our feet. I can't imagine anything better. Maybe except for having a cup of fresh gourmet coffee from the very plantation we're staying at while having breakfast in front of the huge windows with the amazing view. Which we did!

Thank you Randy! We had a truly amazing time!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Cologne
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have travelled to over 30 countries and stayed at different hotels (from hostels to 5*) hotels and often used Tripadvisor when choosing my accomodation but this place exceeded my expectations. Not only is the accomodation very good, comfortable, modern, well docorates but the whole place is peaceful, relaxing and with a spectacular view. Randy (the owner) is an amiable person, very helpful, available most of the time when you need him, and very well organised. I even joked that he could be German (well, his blood is partly German, it turned out!). He gave us a lift to Boquete many times and when he was not available, he booked a taxi for us which was 7 USD. Breakfast was always on time. You indicate the day before what you'd like to eat and there is it, on time and served with a smile in your living room. I feel so lucky that we could stay there because his suites do get booked up early. The dog is also part of the experience. He's so friendly and loveable. He also behaves well and knows that he's not allowed into your suite. I could say many more good things about this place but just go and see for yourself. And make sure you have lunch at Las Orquideas (a simple and cheap restaurant with very tasty food). And Randy, if you're reading this, thank you again for the honey! :)

rotterdam
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Location is great with beautiful view an nice garden 10 minutes
drive outside Boquete. Spacious and comfortable suite, with nice bath products, take a massage after your hike and you feel great. Randy is a great host.

• Stayed April 2014
Mid-Atlantic
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Far be it from us to disrupt this string of 5-star reviews…especially when we agree whole-heartedly with what other guests have reported! From first contact by email and throughout our entire stay, Randy was unfailingly cheerful, friendly, well-prepared and accurate in his suggestions and recommendations. Even when I didn't think we'd use the local cell-phone (which certainly came in handy when I strained my knee and needed a ride!), Randy anticipated and was correct! A good night's sleep in the beautiful suite followed by a restorative pot of excellent estate coffee with a yummy breakfast and I was back on the trail the next morning! Viewing the low-latitude constellations and Milky Way from Mañana Madera's dark skies was a treasure, especially as seen from the huge bedroom window! And then there's Chubbs….the perfect 'gentleman'!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

If accommodations in Boquete were Dancing With The Stars, the rest of the providers in the area would be hanging up their dancing shoes for good. Randy is nothing short of the perfect host, and we are truly gratified to have shared a week in his little Shangri-La. The serenity of the surroundings and the serenade of birdsongs was a welcome balm from the hustle-bustle of our busy lives. The accommodations are well designed and outfitted and are kept spotless. Having a made to order breakfast every morning was a real treat and up to the high standards of the entire experience.

Randy proved a great advisor too, both for activities and sights in the area, and for dining recommendations.

Even Chubbs was a joy to meet (confession: ordinarily I don't particularly care for dogs).

Truly a wonderful experience all around. Ne Plus Ultra.

Thank you, Randy!

Tom Scharf & Odile Leclerc
San Diego, CA

Buchholz in der Nordheide, Germany
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We can only say many thanks to Randy for sharing this paradise!
The area around is amazing. The service perfect, like the breakfast. Furthermore we never had such a perfect coffee!
You can really trust in Randys recommendations. Thanks for the great time!
Birthe and Sven