“great place for dogs”
Review of Boquete River Inn

Boquete River Inn
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Beautiful property and roomy cabins for us and 3 dogs.
When we had issues with getting estabnlished in Boquete,finding a long term rental,renting a car, handling banking,etc. Ken was always there to help.
Beth Abrahams

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PHOTOBUFFNyc
There are newer reviews for Boquete River Inn

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Ken was a great host to us, and the service in general was very good.

The rooms inside the house are small but cozy. Not incredibly private, as walls are thin, so if you are a couple staying in the main house take this in consideration.

We also stayed in the cabins. Simple accommodations, but everything was clean and very spacious. The kitchen is well equipped, even though the cooking ware was on the "almost done" side.

The property has amazing views, and is well taken care of.

Room Tip: Rooms in the cabins are more private in general, and it seems like all cabins were built the same wa...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I just completed a one month stay at the Boquete River Inn and the accommodation and service was better than I expected! The owner advised me prior to my arrival that they had experienced some water supply issues - likely due to the nearby road construction. I learned from some of the locals that water supply problems are common in the Boquete area during the dry season. While we did have a few days with little or no water, the owner and other staff worked hard to make our stay comfortable; Ken also worked hard with the municipal authorities to ensure a return to an adequate water supply. Before my kids joined me in my cabin the water issue had been fully resolved!
There are always some trade-offs at any place you rent. In this case it was a trade-off between a peaceful, country setting with outstanding views and easy access to shops and restaurants. I think a rental car is needed to really give you the freedom to enjoy everything the Boquete area has to offer while still having a quiet, safe haven to return to at the end of the day. It was also nice to be able to enjoy a dip in the pool when it got hot in the middle of the day or a hike to the river and beyond where you can get a taste of local Panamanian life.
The cabin I stayed in was clean and comfortable. The staff was always pleasant and helpful. We needed to expand the sleeping capacity when my kids joined me and Ken was very helpful in accommodating us. I would recommend this as a great base for exploring the area.
Thanks for providing a great experience in the Boquete area!!

Room Tip: Cabins 1 & 3 have a better view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank budb154913
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Recently stayed here for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. My biggest regret was that we didn't stay longer. The cabin was clean and met all our expectations. Ken was the perfect host - there if you needed him, but in no way intrusive. The grounds were beautifully maintained and just the right distance from Boquete to make it convenient without being 'suburban'. No, this isn't five-star luxury accommodation, but you don't pay five-star prices either. I would rate it very good value for money.

Room Tip: We were in Cabin 4, which was excellent. We did not try the fitness centre.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CeriR
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The Boquete River Inn is on a really nice property with great views and climate. Ken the owner is easy to work with and his staff as takes great care of the property. A little outside of downtown Boquete, it will most enjoyed by guests with cars but still serves as a great hub to the area.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jack D
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We recently stayed at Boquete River Inn for a relaxing week the in the mountains and it was exactly that. It is located just 5 km west of Boquete but just enough out of the valley to have much nicer weather. We loved it. The grounds and pool were always kept clean and the view of the mountains is breathtaking. He has a beautiful spot there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paulored
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We loved our stay at the Boquete River Inn! The grounds are kept immaculate and the views of the mtns.,Volcano Baru and deep gulleys are spectacular. My hosts, an aging dog and a quiet cat were very hospitable. Their human was polite, very helpful and did all that he could to make our stay as comfortable as possible. It is difficult to find because the road to the inn can easily be passed because it is in need of the county's attention. It is before Boquette, but very near. The beds were comfortable and the accomodations spotless. I'd highly recommend that my four legged fellow travelers take their humans to this little piece of paradise.

Room Tip: The cabanas are large. The two rooms are inside the main house, small but adequate with private bat...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ichinome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boquete
Finca Lerida
The Haven and Spa
#1 of 12 in Boquete
Boquete Tree Trek Mountain Resort
Valle Escondido Resort Golf & Spa

Been to Boquete River Inn? Share your experiences!