“So popular you need to factor in time to find a table!”

Sugar & Spice Dulces Gourmet
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Boquete
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Sugar and Spice is a gourmet bakery/cafe located on Main Street in beautiful Downtown Boquete Panama. The smells of baking bread and fresh brewed coffee welcomes guests to Sugar & Spice.S&S specializes in European Artesian Hand Crafted Breads, Cakes, Pies, Gourmet Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Empanadas and savory Enchiladas. Specialty cakes and pies made upon request. Breakfast and lunch served daily with counter service available. CLOSED WEDNESDAY.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Truly the place to meet .... but get there early, because it's busy most of the time. The food is wholesome, the sweeter-goodies are simply delicious and the coffee superb! On the main street, but just look for all the cars! Way to go, Sugar & Spice!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

In Bajo Boquete there is no equal. Their lunch and breakfast options are tasty and affordable. No best bread or muffins in town. The service is a little slow, but the food and the value are worth it every time. Love their soup selection, however, I do not like their Chili

Reviewed 18 August 2014

For real. The bread is oh-so-good! The meat is what you'd expect from a deli in the US. Oh man! My wife and I liked it so much that we came back for seconds the next day after our first experience here. My first experience was the Volcano Chicken sandwich which was served warm, panini-style. My second was the meat-lovers sandwich. I enjoyed the Volcano sandwich better. My wife got the hot turkey sandwich both times and really loved it. We added the side salad for $0.75 each time and I would highly recommend doing that. We will return to this place if we're ever back in Boquete.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I can't say that this is the greatest meal because I view this establishment as a bakery, not a restaurant. With that being said, all the breads, pastries and sandwiches are fresh and delicious. The prices are a bargain, the service standard. A quieter location with expanded seating would benefit both patrons and business.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have been going for breakfast at Sugar and Spice and meeting fellow expats for quite awhile. The atmosphere is very pleasant (traffic noise excepted) and the staff are very friendly. There is quite a diverse and yummy menu. The breads we have bought are fresh and make fantastic sandwiches. My favorite two breads are the Ciabatta and the Rustic French. The pastries are terrific. If you want to have great food and meet super people, then Sugar and Spice is a must visit.