“Well worth your time!”

Cloud Forest Botanicals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: DUE TO HEAVY RAINFALL, The Medicine Way Trail tour is temporarily closed until necessary repairs on the trail can be completed. Tour Finca Luz, a working organic rainforest medicinal plant and coffee farm in the highlands of Boquete, Panama, where it is always cool and green. Enjoy a 2.5 hour educational, entertaining, delicious tour of a gorgeous cloud forest ecology--from cathedral-like forest to meadow to wetlands to greenhouse...taste, touch, smell and learn about the plants that have thousands of years of healing history...and are being used today by Big Pharma. Finish your tour with organic coffee, herbal lemonade, tropical fruit and our own special goodies. Enjoy the stunning vista out to the Pacific Ocean and towering Volcan Baru. Relax. Breathe. Enjoy.
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well worth your time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Diane and Elizabeth know their business and really want to share and expand the knowledge of plants. I've been into alternative medicine for 15 years and still learned new things. The setting overlooking the valley is very impressive. The tour was topped off with homemade cake and amazingly fresh coffee. Enjoyed the tour and wish them success!

Visited March 2014
Elizabeth W, Owner at Cloud Forest Botanicals, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for your visit. We learn, too, from our guests and very much enjoyed sharing information about plants and alternative health with you. Best wishes!

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

It's been about a year since I visited Cloud Forest Botanicals...shame on me for such an overdue review! The tour itself was fantastic...educational but not the least bit boring. It was fascinating to learn to identify plants that are used on a regular basis. The eucalyptus trees were beautiful! It was also great to be able to taste the various plants in their raw form.

Aside from the educational benefit, the farm is absolutely beautiful! The operators are super friendly, knowledgeable about what they're doing and were very pleasant to spend a few hours with. The highlight of the visit was probably the brunch! Wow, it was delicious! Bread with fresh cheese and jam. Fresh fruit salad, coffee, and the most delicious juice ever! I can't remember what it was made of but I believe it was lemons, some other fruit, and rosemary. I could not get enough of it!

And then there's the natural products for purchase after brunch. I have very sensitive skin and only use organic skin care products. I am allergic to Neosporin and other topical skin antiseptics so I purchased their Rapid Heal Salve and wow, it was so amazing! Any wound I used healed very quickly and I never had any adverse reactions. It also lasted me a long time, it actually recently expired and I still have a good amount left. I guess I'll have to order more, they told me they ship to the U.S. so yay for that! I also purchased the Cafe Mousse Face Cream. This is a heavy moisturizer so if you have dry skin, this is a wonder! I haven't used it since coming home because I have oily skin so it was just a bit much. But I used it a lot during my time in Central America since I was constantly exposed to the sun. It worked great to combat sun-related dryness and peeling. It also smells quite yummy. The last product I purchased was the Immune Booster. I have mixed reviews about this product. It tastes absolutely terrible and triggered quite a gag reflex. I purchased it because I felt like I was coming down with a sore throat and sinus infection. I used it for a few days and didn't end up getting sick so I think it probably did a great job boosting my immune system. But it was just so difficult to get down. There were a few times when I thought I would have to vomit after taking it. But if you can get past the strong taste, I would still recommend it.

All in all, visiting Cloud Forest Botanicals was a great experience that I highly recommend to anyone visiting Boquete!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jessica W
David, Panama
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great tour! Very educational. Nice people, the home made cake was great, and their farm grown coffee was excellent.

Visited March 2014
Elizabeth W, Owner at Cloud Forest Botanicals, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thanks, Katya. What a pleasure to share the Finca Luz experience with someone who is as knowledgeable as yourself. We look forward to seeing you again.
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fascinating tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

One of the most interesting experiences I had in Boquete was the tour of Finca Luz with Diane and Elizabeth, who are both so knowledgable and passionate about their work. It is a must for nature lovers, healers, and all who are interested in alternative medicine and the healing properties of plants.

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Claire, thank you for taking the time from your vacation to spend a morning at Finca Luz and the Cloud Forest Medicine Way Trail. Your part of the world, Victoria, is one of my favorites, too. How very nice to connect with you. Elizabeth
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tinctures, tales and treats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

High on the hills outside of Boquete, this was an informative 2+ hours with two lovely ladies learning about plants they grow and their medicinal uses. The grounds were beautiful and the views were a must see! At the end of our walk we were treated to herbal lemonade, freshly roasted home grown coffee, and a tasty bread pudding with fresh fruit. A great way to spend a morning!

Visited March 2014
Elizabeth W, Owner at Cloud Forest Botanicals, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
We enjoyed your visit to Finca Luz. We get to meet so many wonderful people from all over the world--what a pleasure to share the beauty of Panama and the magic of medicine plants. Travel safely!