“Great view over the valley”

Los Establos Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 27 Boquete B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We made the trip to Boquete with some friends. We had a great time at Los Establos. It’s a very familiar managed hotel. The stuff was very helpful to organise some hikes to waterfalls and also horse back riding. We enjoyed the billiard. The view in the morning having breakfast is gorgeous.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen R

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our 5 nights at Los Establos were nothing but perfect. From the moment we entered until the day we left, the staff was attentive to all of our needs. The grounds are beautiful and perfect for a romantic getaway. Upgrading to the suite was a perfect choice as the view from that room was breathtaking. Keeping the windows opened kept the room at a comfortable level all day and night. Every meal was delicious and home cooked. I only wish I had the choice of a Greek Salad on our last dinner there. It was the best Greek Salad I have had in a long time! Getting a taxi to and from town was never expensive ($3 to $4) and there was so much to do in Boquete. I would recommend NOT walking up back from town unless you are really in shape! I don't know how I ever made it up the hill! I cannot wait to get back to this place!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brendampc
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a special place. A little mountain top Inn in a town that they call the "Switzerland" of Panama. Its in the mountains and much cooler than Panama City. They have there own dining room (Los Establos is only 20 rooms) and they make you breakfast lunch and dinner. Wine at 5:00. Exceptional Hospitality! We happened to be there when the Owners of the Hotel (who own several hotels were there) and they were very friendly, lovey people who went out of there way to make our stay very enjoyable. Now for why you go here--Adventures. 2 day trips were my favorite travel experiences.. 1) Hiking to the Waterfalls and 2) Zip lining ZOOOM!!!!! A+++ stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank todd e
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I visited Los Establos in June 2014 for three days with my friend Digna. I expected anything but the beauty of this enchanting place which was out of my imagination. If you are looking for peace and a connection with nature, this is your place. You will experience the most wonderful and amazing beauty of Boquete in where Los Establos is located. Besides having a "cafetales" Los Establos's landscaping is awesome and spiritual. Personnel were very attentive and pleasant.

Thank you to all los Establos personnel and to Irina.

Luciana Angel

Room Tip: The whole place is excellent.
1  Thank angeloax
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I would like to start off by saying my trip to Panama was awesome. The adventure to get into Boquette seems long but all worth it, we got picked up at PTY airport then had a few hours to kill before our next flight so our driver showed us around Panama City. Upon arriving to Los Establos the views were impeccable and our driver was very informative. My first impression of the resort was literally jaw dropping, the grounds were so pretty and there were so many different flowers, everything was maintained so nicely. The staff was extremely welcoming and very helpful. I stayed in a Deluxe room with a gorgeous view of the volcano. The resort has a very strong WI-FI signal that is included. The food there was even better, it was so flavorful and delicious, I can honestly say I ate way too much! I also had the opportunity to do a few different activities such as horseback riding up the mountains, zip lining, hike to the hot springs and a hike to the waterfalls. I would definitely recommend bringing a decent pair of sneakers that you do not mind getting dirty. The different activities were incredible, the views were breathtaking and the guides were extremely knowledgeable. I had the most amazing time and I would go back tomorrow if I could!

Room Tip: I would recommend upgrading to the suite, the room is very large and has a panoramic view of the vol...
3  Thank kiersten k
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I traveled with a friend of mine and although we had heard great things about the property and the excitement was definitely there, we did not expect to have the most wonderful time. The staff was very polite and professional. The commute from Panama City to Boquete although long, was completely worth it. The property is beautiful with amazing views. Food was very good and we did multiple activities. I recommend if your going hiking bring proper shoes. Light sweater is recommended if your going Zip Lining as you high in the mountains and get cold. I absolutely loved it and will be planning my return.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am writing this review from the Sol suite, on our final day of our 5 day visit. Still can't get enough of the beautiful view and the sounds of all the birds. Ileana and her team cooked us wonderful meals every day - especially the Panamanian dinners! We did the coffee tour, bird watching, ziplining and massages. My DH was thrilled with his 100-plus photos of the 6 Quetzals that Rolando found for us on the bird walk. The new spa and dining room are lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple