“This is a slice of heaven on earth” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boquete Garden Inn

Boquete Garden Inn
Ranked #2 of 30 Boquete B&B and Inns
Boquete, Panama
“This is a slice of heaven on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

We have had the blessing of staying here two times...The first time when I walked through the gate at the front entrance -- I "saw" , I thought I had died and had gone to heaven.. You don't see anything until you walk through the arched gate and then you can hardly believe your eyes...the gardens are so beautiful...and THEN, we opened the door to our "cottage" and it was just as wonderful --- very peaceful, charming, has everything you need and the SMELL -- oh wow -- I loved each day when we would come "home" to our room, opening the door and smelling -- it just smells so good. I am a late sleeper, but I even loved the birds waking me up early singing outside our window...I can't think of one bad thing to say about this place.. They have cell phones that you can borrow, (you go buy your minutes) they have umbrellas you can borrow...The breakfast is wonderful. You have a fresh flower in your room..oh my,, I could write a book on staying at Boquete Garden Inn. I have recommended to everyone to go to Boquete just to stay at the Garden Inn. The cleaning people are trustworthy, the gardeners always had a smile on their faces. should I go on??? I live here now and I am going to every so often - go there for a night just by myself and get away from my family :-) It wil be a mini vacation. I LOVE THIS PLACE, and the owners are very very sweet and helpful.....they speak ENGLISH - and maybe other languages too.. Ok -- I must go pack a suitcase b/c I have talked myself into leaving tomorrow for my mini vacation -- here I come Boquete Garden Inn...

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

Great hotel if you have a rental car. Otherwise reasonably priced hotel rides into town. A 4 wheel drive is recommended if you want to do any exploring around Boquete. Go to Thrifty in town. There is no extra charge for returning the vehicle to David airport and it is easy to do. Jay and Susan are wonderful hosts, as are all the staff. They will help you arrange anything you want to do, give you great directions, with a map and make recommendations for places to go, coupons for free drinks. They even arranged for a private showing of the BCS bowl for us at a restaurant that is not usually open on Mondays. The happy hour is fun and friendly. The dehumidifier in the room provided us with the only truly dry clothes we had on our entire trip to Panama. Boquete is cool and rainy (at least it was when we were there.) Be prepared with long pants and a sweater. Ex--pat meetings are Tuesdays at 10:00. It's like a farmer's market, craft fair, get-together. People are very friendly.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

This is our second stay at the Boquete Garden Inn we stayed there before early in 2009, we enjoyed the hotel and the area so much we decided to go back again. The garden looked even more beautiful than we remembered and we spent an afternoon reading in one of the little private nooks that are scattered around it. We really appreciated the personal touches to our room and loved the local artwork on the walls and the addition of a dehumidifier made a huge difference in what can be a damp climate.
We had some really delicious baked goods for breakfast and a delightful house special cocktail in the evening. The service was excellent as before and owners Susan & Jason recommended the best tours and restaurants etc.
Hats off to the staff and Jason & Susan for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

My husband & I loved this place wish we would've planned for longer stay. The gardens are beautiful and the entire atmosphere is 5 star spa/relaxing/ pampering. The owners and staff make you feel genuinely welcomed & glad that you are there and that they want to make this a Great stay for you. The bed was the most comfortable bed i have slept in, including several 5 star places.. And the linens were of high quality!!!!!!!!!!. The rooms were wonderfully decorated gave a feeling of a friends home not of staying in a hotel. If you are going to Boquete you will not find a better place. The breakfast in the gardens was wonderful!!!! the birds incredible while enjoying a fresh cup of coffee & juice. Words do not do justice to this place in a paragraph or two.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank londonlife524
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

This is a small but beautiful Inn. The winding path through the lush gardens leads you to several upstairs or downstairs rooms. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was spa-like and the shower had hot water. The owners were friendly and helpful. In the morning we had a complimentary breakfast on the veranda where one could sit and watch the birds eat fruit set out among the flowering shrubs. A very pleasant stay!

• Stayed December 2010
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

Great little place. The gardens are charming and welcoming. The owners and the staff and totally friendly and helpful. They helped us book some great tours, recommended restaurants and provided us with a handy town map that had all the points of interest highlighted. They were hands on when we wanted them to be, but they also knew when to leave us alone to hang out in the gardens and relax. Like the other reviewers have said: social hour is awesome. Get there at six...because it literally is a social hour. The perfect amount of time to have a drink and chat before going out to dinner (which there are a lot of excellent restaurants to choose from for such a small town.) I strongly recommend Boquete Garden Inn. It's a sweet place with a great vibe - the perfect place to stay in beautiful Boquete.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2010

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights during our honeymoon. This was our favourite place we stayed. The rooms are beautifully designed and the bed linen is of high quality. The gardens are stunning and we enjoyed trying to photograph the humming birds each morning over the delicious breakfasts.

The social hour is a nice touch. Jay and Susan are both interesting individuals and we both enjoyed chatting to them throughout our stay. Very easy company.

We hired a car on Jay's recommendation and had a great day visiting the hot springs. Highly recommended. The zip line trip is also fantastic and was one of the highlights of our honeymoon. The coffee estate tour given by Carlos at the Ruiz estate is fantastic.

The food at Machu Pichu was one of the best meals out we had in Panama.

All in all a great place and we could have stayed longer. It is a little out of town so you are reliant on a longish walk or a cab into town but this wasn't a problem.

• Stayed November 2010