“Best Pizza in Central America!”
Review of Restaurant Baru

Restaurant Baru
Ranked #35 of 110 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had a Little pepperoni pizza that made me less homesick after 2 months away from the states. Cute waiter who recommended a good Paulaner Ale. Everything was great with a cool breeze and a place to charge my phone! I think they take Credit Cards, which is practically unheard of around Boquete

1  Thank CAS0701

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Baru is right next to the hostel where my daughter and I stayed. It's on the town square so there's lots of activity. Frequented by many expats and locals alike. We mostly stopped in for beer throughout the day but did see the generous portions (burgers! pizza!) being served at other tables. One shared nacho dish was a full meal for us. The service was excellent. We often were served by the same quiet young man who spoke little English but was a real professional server. He was attentive, and obviously well-trained.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed in boquete a few nights, and ate breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks....we ate here as much as we could because the service is impeccable, as soon as you sit down there is cold water being poured into lovely wine shaped glasses, you are immediately asked if you require particular menus. The staff there speak Spanish, however, they also speak English, which was good, because although my husband could speak a little Spanish, i couldn't. I am learning now as we are going back. Anyway. We ordered, and the food was there in a shot, it was clearly fresh, hot, and beautifully presented. the portions are very big, and the flavourings of their sauces, and the quality are brilliant. Very high end, and not what we expected at all. The restaurant is decorated beautifully, large sofas near the back with a huge fireplace and a big flat screen TV. Just a great place to go and enjoy food, and even hot chocolate was crazy!!! tasted amazing. We loved it here, they treat customers like royalty, and there is one man in particular, may have been the manager, who was on the ball... quick, had a great work ethic, and who would do very well in the Ritz in London, UK. A must go to place to eat.

1  Thank katrina1972186338
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Everything tastes good but they always take like 1 hour to serve your food, no matter if you ordered a sandwich! I waited for 1 hour 45 minutes the other day and they never had the food ready or tried to make me and my friends feel better after we complained about it, so we left the place without eating! It's ridiculous. Worst service ever!

1  Thank Marithe S
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great food, kind of slow service, great people watching. They are attentive to your needs but food takes a while. But maybe that is a good thing.