“Best bread in the world - don't miss this”

Boquete Artisan Baking Seminars
More attraction details
Owner description: Travel to the rustic mountain village of Boquete, Panama and study artisan bread baking with our talented group of instructors, while enjoying Boquete's charming surroundings and weather. Choose from our baking courses and hotel packages, and we'll help you craft an unforgettable experience. Our international staff of experienced instructors offers courses for beginners as well as experienced bakers. Class sizes are limited to no more than eight students.
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best bread in the world - don't miss this”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I can't say enough about the delicious freshly baked artisan breads that come out of this bakery. It's worth the journey from the U.S. for the bread alone.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank michaelr36

Long beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best bread”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My husband and I stayed in Mort and Barbara's Casita by the River, that could rightfully be called Sangri La. The beauty, comfort and the artisan bread made it so. Mort gave us the best rye bread I have had in years. He genuinely likes teaching, he is a natural and when you blend this with his passion for making bread you will have a wonderful day learning from him. He is also very business savvy about bakeries and willing to share advice in that realm too. If you can not stay in their Vacation rental by Owner or take his class you must go to the Tuesday market where he sales his bread just to meet him and of course buy a loaf.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Experience the art”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

It's impossible not to fall in love with Mort Rabkin (and his lovely wife Barb). A warm welcome, a leisurely day of bread-making, and then, of course, the delicious bread itself. Mort brings a real sense of passion and fun to his baking that you can taste in every loaf. Boquete has so many wonderful gems, and this experience is certainly one of them. Don't miss Boquete, and don't miss spending time with Mort.

Visited February 2012
Orange, California
“Soooo much fun!”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I took several of Mort's bread making classes and they were so much fun AND I got to leave with some DE-licious bread! I would recommend taking his class to anyone of any age. He is a funny and genuinely nice guy, who truly loves making bread and sharing his knowledge with others. If you find yourself in Boquette don't miss out on Mort's classes!

Visited November 2011
Healdsburg, California
“The Rye Guy Rocks”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I haven't tasted bread this good since I left New Jersey where my family owned bakeries. Mort Rabkin, The Rye Guy, aside from being a master baker is one heck of a teacher as well. If you're looking for a vacation in a tropical paradise and you want to come away with the knowledge and skill to make great artisan breads, I don't think you could do any better than BABS (Boquete Artisan Baking Seminars.) And it's fun!

Visited September 2012