“The wonder of Acupuncture”
Review of Isla Verde Spa

Isla Verde Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Spas & Wellness in Boquete
More attraction details
Owner description: Boquete's No.1 Ranked Spa for over a year on Tripadvisor! Awarded 2014, 2016 Certificate of Excellence in our 1st full year of operation. Fully trained Professional Therapists. We are situated just 2 mins. Walk from the center of town in the beautiful Isla Verde Gardens. As one of our 5 Star reviews says "DONT MISS THIS!"
Reviewed 6 September 2014

My wife and I moved from Michigan in the U.S. to escape the cold of winter and the dreadful heat in summer. Boquete's climate is just about perfect for us, never too cold and never too hot. My wife Kathleen has some health issues that were never really addressed in the U.S. by our western doctors. She is a type two diabetic. Her lower legs were swollen and discolored with a rough leathery texture to them. The doctors all said yes they certainly are and totally ignored them as far as treatment goes. It wasn't until we got to Boquete and decided to give acupuncture a try that we met Mark Perren Jones at the Isla Verde Spa. Mark said lets give it go and we started the treatments. After the second treatment I noticed the discoloration begin to fade and the swelling started to recede. Since then Kathy has been going about once a week and her legs show continuing improvement. The skin on her legs was so tight they felt like hard rubber and the swelling so bad you couldn't even tell she had ankles. Now they are soft to the touch, the discoloration has all but gone away and she has ankles again. Mark is a wonder and has since added Kathy's anxiety and the pain in her shoulders as targets of his acupuncture treatments. She is showing signs of continued improvement, so I'm telling all of you out there if you have a health issue not being addressed by your modern doctors, by all means give Mark a chance to show you what acupuncture can do for you, we did and are very glad that we did. I went ahead and scheduled Kathy for a once a week regiment of acupuncture treatments to be continued indefinitely. It is a natural way to help your body to heal itself and Mark and his staff are both pleasant and accommodating.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"loosen"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Whilst surfing at Playa Morrillo I took a heavy wipeout and hammered my back and neck, I couldn't turn my head past 45° and had sharp shooting pains running from my shoulder through my neck.

Mark jiggled some appointments, and with short notice booked me in for 9am the next morning. After a short consultation he worked the affected area for 20mins and advised me to go buy a tennis ball so I could self medicate over the next few days. Whilst I felt a little better when I left it wasn't until that afternoon that I realised the pain had completely gone and I had full movement back!! What a legend! If you need a massage in Boquete go to Isla Verde Spa.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Mark Perren Jones has been patching me up since 2006, when I suffered nearly lethal injuries and I went to him for rapid healing through his proficient methods and healing ways. I come from the School of Hard Knocks, and doctors and hospitals are only used for last-ditch efforts. Mark speaks my language in body repair and rehabilitation and we see eye-to-eye on methods and treatments via Alternative Health Care.

So, it was no surprise I contacted Mark after suffering what I thought was a little concussion- a tiny sliver in my mind, which turned out to be a massive sword.

When Mark suggested acupuncture I was relatively surprised that was the cure for Post Concussion Syndrome. After doing a quick internet search for PCS, I saw that this is the method being used with the greatest success rate for combat veterans and head injuries such as Traumatic and Mild Brain Injury.

It had been a few days post incident and I was constantly dizzy and nearly fainted when I sat or stood up and daily tasks were highly demanding for this very active and in shape individual. After just one acupuncture session with Mark, the dizziness subsided and I was once again able to walk around, albeit slowly, but without that constant light headed, fuzzy and dizzy feeling. I greatly appreciated the endorphins and my body needed exactly what Mark had prescribed. It is always so nice when my world comes together again, post concussion, especially after it had felt as if my head was disconnected for the past week from my body and I had been floating through life, only mildly aware of what was going on around me. If one has never experienced this, they will never understand the absolute frustration felt and helplessness in this position. It not only affects thinking, motor skills and health, if the brain is still struggling to function at its normal speed, it analyses everything said and done, processing all mistakes and short comings, yet unable to rectify the problems it was able to detect. It is sort of like a computer limping along on a dying battery… slow and although still able to function, floundering at its task.

Mark did comment that my heart beat was faster than normal, and it turned out my adrenals had been shot, due to injury to brain from the concussion. I was knocked out momentarily, so I did understand that this concussion was to be taken seriously, especially with prior brain injury experience. That is why I had Mark help me out of my fuzzy world.

Thank you once again, Mark!

Jessica Schrock

Reviewed 30 July 2014

After a fall a few weeks ago, I began having sciatica type pains. I met with Mark Perren-Jones to discuss a course of action to alleviate the pain. After determining the problem, Mark showed me a couple of simple stretches which immediately reduced the pain and discomfort. I had my first Tylenol-free day in quite some time!

Mark really knows how to help his clients with their issues. He takes the time to listen, and is a strong proponent of helping the person know what to do outside of the spa appointment. A huge PLUS!!!

He also has an excellent staff of massage therapists in a beautiful setting. Highly recommend Isla Verde Spa!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have been experiencing sciatic pain on both sides of my body for years. I had been hearing so many positive things about Mark at Isla Verde. My wife went to Mark and was extremely impressed with Mark's results that she prepaid for me to have a session with him. On my first visit he asked me, on a scale of 1-10, how my pain was. I was having one of my worse days so I said I was experiencing a 10. Mark showed me some procedures to help my back and helped me to understand the importance of proper back alignment. The short story is after going home and following his instructions, on my return follow up visit the next day, I had roughly an 80% improvement. I have not felt so good in years. I am amazed at how simple common sense approach to my problem has given me so much relief. I look forward to a better life as I continue his protocol. I strongly encourage anyone who has similar problems and have not found relief, to go visit Mark at Isla Verde,you will be glad you did.
H. Gene Lawrence