“A hidden treasure”

Restaurante Mango at Isla Verde
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: C l o s e d
Sarasota, Florida
“A hidden treasure”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Surprisingly excellent in a nice modern cantina atmosphere. Excellent and attentive service was most pleasing. Locals recommended Mango as a pizza restaurant, which indeed they do serve. Our appetizers were uniquely tasty, as was the expertly prepared steak garnished with sautéed kale, surrounded by gnocchi. The seafood salad was equally innovative and gourmet tasty. Good wines and splendid desserts made this a memorable event for all four of us.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Melt in the mouth!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We found this restaurant via Tripadvisor (thank you!) & had the most delicious meal since... Aeons ago! After ordering, we received a small basket of foccacia with olive oil/balsamic which hit the spot. I'm vegetarian and was pleased to see goat cheese linguine on the menu, even more pleased to taste it - very fresh and creamy and melted in my mouth. My partner chose the lamb sausage mint & feta pizza and found it very tasty (he's been a chef for 12 years might I add). For dessert we shared a portion of the mousse terrine which was superb and hard to share (my advice is to get one each!) He also enjoyed the local ale, and the coffee, and I found the orange juice to be pure and fresh.

This meal was a little overbudget for our backpacking needs but was certainly great value at $11 - $13 for a gourmet main course. I would definitely return, and recommend others to visit too.

The restaurant itself is lovely with both indoor and outdoor seating options. We chose to sit outside surrounded by the lush gardens. All the fittings, lights, etc and tableware seemed carefully selected as opposed to standard design items. The service was excellent, with our waitress being polite, friendly, and efficient.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Unexpected surprise”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very nice atmosphere, excellent food. We went with a local couple and had no problem with service......the waitress was very attentive. There were about four other tables seated and they all seamed to get good service. I ordered the goat cheese linguine and it was exceptional. The serving size was small but adequate. I had a side salad as well and did not leave hungry.
I will go back again on my next visit to Boquete.

Boquete, Panama
“overpriced”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

nice atmosphere and over the top prices. a small pizza with
cheese and pesto was 15.00. 3 people, a small pizza and a
salad was 45.00. 1 pizza 1 salad.

Visited May 2014
Alexandria,LA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had chicken chili pizza, it was good and reminded me of CPK Thai Chicken Pizza. My wife had Tuna grilled and it was also good. The restaurant has a much better atmosphere than most we experienced in Boquete.