“Best gelato I've ever had!”

Gelateria La Ghiotta Boquete
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Boquete
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'm not usually a fan of gelato - I prefer ice cream... but this place has me hooked!! It's the best gelato I've ever had. My favorite is coconut and pistachio... it actually tastes like real coconut and real pistachio! This is a must place to visit for anyone in Boquete. Who would have ever thought that a place of this caliber exists in a little town in Panama? What a treat.

1  Thank pammee80

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Superb gelato, made and served by a charming young Italian woman in a small otherwise nondescript store. About 16 flavors on offer at any one time. Coconut and coffee (as one might expect) are delicious.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Located just one street back of the central avenue, true Italian gellato....OMG, it's truly exceptional and we're so lucky to have them here in Boquete. It's right near my favorite fruit & vegetable vendor so I have a regular excuse to drop in for a gellato after my shopping. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Its a little out of the way, about a block off the main street but its well worth looking for.

By far this was some of the best gelato we have ever had. In fact like some other reviewers, we had a second cone!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

A group of us did the short walk from BOA, and enjoyed a truly good treat! One person in our group make ice cream in another country, and we got to listen as she and the owner chatted about the craft of what we were enjoying. She had a second cone!!