“Wonderful time!”

La Montana y el Valle Coffee Estate Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Boquete
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at the Coffee Estate Inn on our honeymoon, and it was the most comfortable place I've ever stayed, anywhere in the world. Jane and Barry are wonderful and attentive hosts, and were full of ideas for us each morning -- we came to Boquete with an open mind and with few plans, and am glad we did. We spent much of our time hiking around Boquete, and Jane and Barry also arranged for a guide on a more strenuous (and very worthwhile) hike, as well as arranging private transportation and a car for us during our stay. Our bungalow was very spacious, with an incredible view of the volcano, and a balcony that was the perfect place to watch the morning mist move through (all while eating their delicious breakfast breads and coffee). I also *highly* recommend their "date night" dinner, which was the best and most romantic of any of our meals in Panama. It was fascinating to learn about their garden and plantation, and made the whole experience more personal. I'm just looking for a reason to return!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

This was our third time to stay with Barry and Jane, who have become good friends as well as superb hosts at The Coffee Estate Inn in Boquete. There is no better place, to be sure, in this wonderful town in the mountains of Chiriqui. The three bungalows were reserved for our party: myself and my husband, our two friends who accompanied us on this trip and my recently widowed mother, who was taking a well-deserved break from a tough few months. No one could have made us feel more welcomed, comfortable, safe and cared-for. You owe it to yourself to visit with Jane and Barry when you come to Boquete. The neat-as-a-pin, clean, well-appointed, safe and very comfortable bungalows are a perfect retreat and getaway. No details are overlooked and you will have as much privacy or interaction as you choose. Thank you, Jane and Barry. We will see you again on our next trip.

Room Tip: There are three bungalows. All are equally wonderful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Although our stay was relatively short (three nights), Jane and Barry are like our old dear friends! They were so warm and hospitable that it was a totally wonderful experience. The grounds are spectacular, with an amazing view toward the Baru volcano and the Boquete valley below. The have an wonderful garden path that winds through beautiful tropical flowers, fruit trees, coffee plants, and over the stream. Barry's tour was a fascinating mini tutorial on coffee cultivation and tropical gardening. Rooms (cottages) are wonderful, modern and well appointed with necessary appliances, fresh fruit, home roasted coffee, and fresh baked muffins and breads. They offer wonderful food options, especially the "date night". We were blown away by how well prepared and delicious their cooking is. The exquisite presentation included gorgeous flowers, amazing fresh cut orchids, and candles. We will be going back to this fabulous place and hope to bring family and friends along.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Coffee Estate Inn for 4 nights. Upon arrival, Jane and Barry were there to greet us and make us feel at home. They were exceptional hosts and really made our stay in Boquete special.

The Coffee Estate Inn itself was beautiful, built on an orange and coffee farm. The grounds were immaculate with beautiful tropical flowers and plants and well-maintained trails. The bungalows were spotless and the bedroom and newly renovated bathroom were luxurious. However, nothing beat our view!!! From the patio of our bungalow, we had an expansive panoramic view of the valley and town below with the volcano and mountains in the distance. It was truly breathtaking.

During our time there, my husband and I were really able to decompress from our busy, stressful, city lives to enjoy the peace, quiet and beauty of Boquete and the Coffee Estate Inn.

Would absolutely go back and recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

My girlfriend and I just completed a week long trip through Panama. We love Central and South America and are wrapping up our forey in Central America so Panama was the next logical choice. We did half of our time in Panama City and the other half in Boquete, the interior mountainous region of the country. We stayed at The Coffee Estate Inn and were blown away! Small, quaint, and perfectly situated in the hills above Boquete it was truly a little slice of paradise. Jane and Barry were the perfect hosts and catered to our every need to ensure we had a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend the Coffee Estate Inn if you are looking for the following: a quiet, relaxing, stress free, non pretencious, romantic environment. The grounds are beautiful, the people of Boquete are wonderful and you will not be disappointed. One suggestion - order at least one Date Night meal and get the lasagna! Fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrclg02
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This spot is amazing. My friend and I stayed 2 nights and wished we could have stayed much longer. We also agreed we want to bring each of our parents here to experience the magnificent views, flora and fauna, (hummingbirds outside your balcony!), delicious home cooked meals, homey feel and friendly hospitality. The owners, Barry and Jane, built this place from the ground up and have a fine eye for detail of every aspect, from the bungalows to the flowers to the food. They're an amazing couple to meet and talk with. They also give great advice on what to do around the area, maps in all. Don't miss Barry's awesome tour of the grounds. He walks you through every aspect of the coffee they make there- very tasty :)

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I loved my stay here! I was traveling with a friend, and we had worried that the romantic vibe of the Inn wouldn't suit us, but actually, it worked out perfectly! We even ordered in the "date night dinner" so we could stay in and just relax one night. Jane and Barry never batted an eye, even though we are not necessarily the typical coupled guests - they simply adapted their amazing level of service to suit us. Not having done proper research, we showed up in a taxi. We didn't have a car, and Jane and Barry went out of their way to arrange for a driver for us during a day of touring, and to drive us into town on the few occasions we tore ourselves away from the magnificent views of our relaxing bungalow. They felt like family by the time we left, and I only hope I get to go back for another visit. Sorry it took me so long to write this review!! (Note to Barry and Jane -- the "when did you travel" button only allows me to select as far back as August, 2011. We actually stayed there for 2 nights in December, 2009)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends