“Great Place to Stay in Boquete”

El Oasis Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Boquete
Tiburon, CA
“Great Place to Stay in Boquete”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My wife and I stayed with our two adult children. Our room was great... a double bed and bathroom on the upper level and two twin beds on the lower level with a balcony on each and a full kitchen. The room was basic, but comfortable and clean. The location is great... just a short walk across the river to the center of town. The breakfasts were included and we especially appreciated the over 10 species of birds that alighted by our table to partake in the fresh fruit placed on the feeder for them... my son said he saw more birds at breakfast than he did in two months in Monteverde, Costa Rica.

The service at the front desk, with the breakfast staff and with the maids was accomodating. Our only complaint was that dinner at the restaurant did not meet our expectations. The service was poor and the food was very mediocre.

For people who are light sleepers, note that the hotel is right by the river. The sound of the rapids coupled with the howling winds that characterized our stay in December may not be soothing to all ears.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ankiandlarry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Portland, OR
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The cheapest option here is Suite 6. One bedroom, nice kitchen, big LCD tv, balcony with great views. What is great about this place is the location. On the river - you can sleep with the balcony door open (there is a screen door) and fall asleep to the sound of the river. Warning: you will be awakened by a very sick sounding rooster! Sometimes at 3am sometimes at 6am.... his croaky, pitiful call will either make you laugh or make you curse! Everything is close by and the staff are friendly.

Room Tip: Go for a suite.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Algotomar
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 25 December 2011

On Thursday December 22, 2011 I spent one night at the El Oasis in Boquete Panama. My stay was great! The price of my room with tax included was $88.00 Total, which included a tasty complimentary breakfast.

My room itself was clean, but a little bit "tired". For dinner I enjoyed a great steak at the hotel's restaurant for only Twelve bucks after my Pensionado discount. Panama Pensionados like me get to enjoy discounts at restaurants, hotels, airfares, etc, etc, etc - Life is certainly GREAT for me here in the Republic of Panama!

It rains quite a bit in Boquete, Panama & anyone who tells you other wise - is not telling you the truth. During my stay of only one night, it rained a large part of the night. However, I was able to savor & enjoy the sound of the Caldera River - right near by & in the morning I was able to experience what is known as BahaRicky - I'm not sure of the correct spelling of BahaRicky since word for this phenomenon is unique to Panama. Basically what this is = a mist in the air... not really rain, because the sun is shining (well sort of anyway) AND also I was lucky & blessed to be treated to a GIANT Boquete Panama rainbow - pictured here. WOW!

El Oasis has very nice gardens and an attentive staff.

So come to Panama & enjoy the rainbows... and maybe even the BahaRicky!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Jakarta
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Close to grocery store, adequate kitchen, nice view, close in to town, good restaurants within a couple blocks. Early morning rooster! Staff is friendly. Breakfast is freshly prepared and great place to bird watch.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JakJim
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We recently stayed 3 nights at this convenient hotel which is an easy walk for the center of Boquete. The queen room was clean but had an odor of dampness - not surprising in the rainy season in Panama. Adequate but nothing special. The price however at $70 was very good in comparison to several Boquete establishments.
The hidden jewel is the downstairs restaurant which features a small covered and enclosed patio adjacent to the bar with a roaring fire at dinnertime - just the ticket to ward off the mountain chill. Restaurant service was a bit lacking but the fresh trout, beef and pork dishes were far above average.
My favorite was the daily free breakfast which was served on the patio of the owner's house next door ( not in the restaurant ) and overlooking a beautiful garden. There were several choices on the menu including some local dishes, all served with fresh fruit, a pot of excellent coffee, and juice.
We will go back - just for the breakfast in the garden!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PTYChris
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Travelling with our family through Panama, we had to stop in Boquete. We choose El Oasis to stay for three days and were pleasantly surprised. We booked a suite, which had two levels and a bathroom at each level. Although the bathrooms were not too big, they suited their purpose very well. We asked for an extra bed, which allowed the whole family (4) the stay in the suite. Furthermore the room is equipped with a complete kitchen and smal living room. Computers (3) to use for personal use are available in the hallway. Staf was very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Coenen20
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed 18 July 2011

On Wednesday next I will check-out of the El Oasis Hotel, Boquete, Panama, Central America. I checked-in six weeks ago thinking I might stay for one or two nights. But such has my experience been here that I have kept extending my stay. This is both a reflection on Boquete as a location, its people and in particular, the El Oasis Hotel. From the owner, Ms. M down, the hospitality, attention to detail, courtesy, consideration, clendiness, and genuine kindness have been exemplary. Without hesitation I thoroughly recommend it to all TripAdvisor readers who are or will consider spending time in beautiful Boquete. Likewise I recommend its restaurant for an excellent menu selection; cocktails, superb food, sublime service and the genuine interest the chief, head waiter and his colleagues have in satisfying you’re every request. I may never get the opportunity or excuse to return but, I will always cherish the experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo