“Bagels! Yes!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Boquete
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Morton's Bakehouse is an independent artisan bakery located in the western highlands of Boquete, Panama. Our mission is to bring the highest quality breads and bakery products to our customers in a welcoming, inviting and artistic setting, and to transmit an appreciation for and knowledge of the artisan bread tradition to our friends and neighbors in our community. Our artisan bread baking classes are small, hands-on, and fun. They are usually held on Saturday afternoons in the bakery, by reservation only in advance. If you plan to be in Boquete and wish to take a class, please contact me to see if I have a class planned or can hold a private class for you. To read all of our reviews, click on duplicate Trip Advisor listing, "Mortons Bakehouse Artisan Bread Baking Classes." (TA requires us to have 2 listings. Sorry for the confusion)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used to have a bakery. I instantly knew I had found bagels baked in boiling water when I tried a Mort's bagel. I will never go to Boquete again without going to Mort's and picking up bagels for me and my special friends back in Bocas. So happy we found this place.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Stopped in to the store and bought cookies-$0.70 each- to much on thru our stay and they were good. They do not serve sandwiches a of yet. They just reopened recently and are trying very hard. Met the owner at the Tuesday morning market and he was most pleasant and informative!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We are lucky to live down the road from Morton’s, and get fresh bagels, sandwiches, and treats from there very often. It is a great place to get an easy lunch. The owner and the employees are so nice, parking is easy, and it is right next to the main highway in Alto Boquete. Highly recommended.

Mortonsbakehouse, Owner at Morton's Bakehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thank you for your review! Next time you come in identify yourself to thank you in person! Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

The staff is friendly. I love the brownies, cheesecakes and cookies. Everything appears really fresh and many of the staff are bilingual.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Had a wonderful breakfast sandwich here last Sunday. Unfortunately they tell me they won't be open every Sunday. Thats too bad as the sandwich was very large and very tasty, the coffee was hot and the service friendly.