Valle Escondido Resort Golf & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Finca Lerida(Boquete)
US$206
The Haven and Spa(Boquete)
US$108
US$283
US$216
Boquete Tree Trek Mountain Resort(Boquete)(Great Value!)
US$94
Travelocity
US$153
US$109
Priceline
All reviewsindoor poolexecutive golf courseceiling fanenjoy your staylovely propertylittle riverwi fistreamsettingamenitiespanamacoffeetowngroundsmountainssenseslandscaping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This resort is stunningly beautiful! The lushness of the grounds , the flower gardens, the river running through, the koi in the ponds, everything is super sized!! I have never in my life seen anything so beautiful! Our room was on what looked like a charming street in Italy! Our room was huge and had a lovely patio facing the amazing , lush grounds.There were 2swimming pools , 1was indoors in the spa area, very nice, the other was outdoors and almost felt like a after thought! They said there was a bar but we never found it . We were also told there were 2 restaurants , but we only saw 1, which was fine, it was a huge outdoor tent, loved it. The confusing part of this whole resort is it was absolutely EMPTY!!! I'm sure we never saw more then 7or8 people any time we were there. We never heard any music the whole time we were there! We were led to believe it was a 5min walk from downtown Boquete , but that was not the case, which was a little annoying because we had a lot of stuff to do in town, took a lot of taxi rides but they were cheap, it was more a time thing . I would love to say I would go back because it was so beautiful , but it was so dead it was almost spookie, so I'm not sure, I feel very sad about that!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Allan O, Manager at Valle Escondido Resort Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Hi 701Lola

First of all, thanks for taking the time to review our property.
We really appreciate your words, all our staff work every day to keep this place for our guests.
And the most valuable reward is to read notes like yours.

Allan O.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My 5-day stay at the Valle Escondido Resort in Boquete, Panama far exceeded my expectations. The heavenly sites; the friendly and efficient staff; sleeping with the soothing sounds of the stream next to my suite; the exquisite meals; the top notch facilities including the gym; as well as the world-class spa--where I enjoyed a deep tissue massage--contributed to what was without a doubt my best vacation ever. I enthusiastically recommend this resort to my family, friends, and anyone reading this review.

Room Tip: Reserve a suite near the stream that runs through the resort and leave a window partially open at night--dont't worry, it's very safe. You'll love it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Allan O, Manager at Valle Escondido Resort Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Hello Angel
I would like to start letting you know that your comment also exceeded what we expect from our guests reviews.
In behalf of every member of our team, thank you for your words, this definitely, made our everyday work worthwhile.

regards

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The resort was every thing I expected and more. As soon as I arrived, I forgot all the stresses from the airport and the 7 hr bus drive up the mountains. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Spa services were very good ( I love being spoilt so I always wanted more). Definitely deserves a repeat!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Allan O, Manager at Valle Escondido Resort Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Marguerit

Every time we receive a review, we use to share it with our team, in this occasion; I will only transmit their gratitude for your words.
We work every day just for our guests, we work for you to have an unforgettable experience.
And we are sure you will never forget your days at Valle Escondido, Resort Golf & Spa.
Once again, thanks for your comment and we will expect your next visit.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

After staying in David for a night we were very happy to stay at this hotel. The hotel is located in the middle of a gated community so it is very safe and private. The rooms were very clean and comfortable with great attention to small details like nice fluffy towels and q-tips provided. You would be hard pressed to find a hotel with better amenities. The gym was big and had a full selection of equipment.
On the down side it was difficult to find what was available and we were surprised to learn that golf was only available till 4:30pm. The outdoor pool was not heated so it was too cold to use. The restaurant was good but there are definitely some better options in town.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Allan O, Owner at Valle Escondido Resort Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Hello Tom R
Greetings from Valle Escondido
For us it is a pleasure to read our guest after visiting us.
Our golf course is not that crowded, however it is always good to book tee time. I only hope you could play, it is a memorable experience.
Regarding the pool, I have to express my surprise; we do have an indoor heated pool, beautiful place to spend some time.
We also have an outdoor pool, very refreshing and perfect for sun baths.
In your next visit, I am sure you will be able to enjoy all our facilities.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is a little slice of heaven in Panama. We stayed in the Amapola suite and it was smack dab in the middle of everything. I was afraid it was going to be too loud, but it was just fine. No air conditioning, so we just opened the windows and while I would prefer it to be a tad cooler, it was all good. The only thing I would have liked and improvement on was 1) the size of the TV was a little too small, 2) the shower produced a fine mist instead of a nice stream of water. I fiddled with the head and was able to improve it a bit, but it was still difficult to wash my long hair.

The breakfast was disappointing, to say the least. I think they would save money by having an egg chef to make omelets to order instead of making a huge pile of scrambled eggs that are thrown out at the end of breakfast.

The rest of the food was just fine. Wide variety of things for lunch and dinner. We spent most of our evenings in the cantina where the bartender was very friendly and fun to talk to. They have a good wine selection and we had some great mojitos.

The grounds are very, very nice to wander around on. Great for walking and exercise. And the fun executive golf course was one of my favorite parts.....although it cost us as much to play 9 holes as it did for us to play 18 holes at the nearby Lucero Golf and Country Club. They needed to improve their golf cart path signs...we had to ask which way to go a couple of times as it wasn't obvious.

Now for the spa - you knew there was something didn't you. The indoor pool is very peaceful looking. I checked in 30 minutes early so I could take a shower and do some relaxing in the steam room and/or whirlpool. After checking in, they told me to have a seat and wait in the public lobby. When I told them I wanted to use the facilities before, they were a little taken aback and told me to go to the locker room....over there. Okay....I've been to many spas, they always walk you back to show you where everything is....nope not here. When I walked in, it was similar to a gym locker room. So, I walked back and asked if I could use a locker. They gave me a key. No towels or robes in the locker...or anywhere else. So, I walked back to the desk as asked for towels and a robe. They said I would have to wait because they were out. So I waited, I got a robe and towel in just enough time to change into my robe and come back and sit in the public lobby. Not very comfortable, I must say. When I was done with my massage (more on that later), I went to go wash the oil off and out of my hair...but... No amenities...there was only soap in the shower. No shampoo or conditioner. And on the desk, one bottle of empty lotion...and some deodorant. Most spas I go to have all sorts of stuff: lotion, deodorant, combs, brushes, mousse, baby powder, tampons/pads, Q-tips, cotton balls, hairspray. So.....I skipped the shower and went back to the room so I could take a shower there. Not what I would say a relaxing spa experience.

The massage was surprisingly very good. I say surprisingly because I have not had massage in Panama that was even remotely decent. They are usually just similar to rubbing lotion all over my body. I really don't think they even know muscle groups and what a "deep tissue" massage consists of. However, Roxanna did a pretty darned good job getting in and working out my kinks.

Overall, I would recommend Valle Escondido. In fact, we will most likely go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Healthy 1
Having a traveler like you giving us a comment is so good.
We really appreciate your suggestions and I can only add that we are every day improving in all aspects.
We will be expecting your next visit.