“Don't miss water rafting in Chiriqui - kids love it”
Review of Panama Rafters

Panama Rafters
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We were a group of 6 adults and 9 kids (4-11 years old). We set up the trip a few days before and wired the money to their bank account. We met the bus in David, and then we rode for 90 minutes to the drop off points. The guides were al very nice and friendly.
While gearing up, the smallest girl (4 years old), simply refused to go on the boat. One of the staff offered to take her while her parents went in the river, and they all accepted (we were extremely surprised at the girl). On the way back we found her safe and sound, happy to not get in the river!
The trip was great, the river was a level 1, I think. The guides knew what to do, and were very fun. The younger children (5-8) stayed in the middle of the boat and didn't paddle, but we were all vey safe.
We took about 3.5 hours down the river, with a 30 minute break, and the kids loved every minute of it.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Did the Chiquiri Rafting today, it was GREAT fun! Would recommend Panama Rafters to everyone who likes action and adventure but wishes to have a good guide who cares about everybodys safety. (We had a very good guide who had the rafting boat everytime under his control. The river is a TOUGH one at some points (grade III) so this matters as I am not an experienced rafter. This is not for beginners I would say... but for people with some muscles who dont mind getting complelty soaked its great fun.)
Panama Rafters is a company owned by some locals (not foreigners) if this matters for your decision with whom to do the rafting.

1  Thank fieep
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My family and I went white water rafting with panama rafters and to say we enjoyed it is a understatement. However even though the trip was amazing that is not why I decided to write this review. The service at Panama Rafters saved my trip from going into the ground. At the end of the day as we were travelling back to my hotel in Boquete, Panama and my wallet must have slipped out of my pocket. They dropped me and my family off at the hotel and unbeknownst to me my wallet was still sitting in the van. The next morning as I went to get my wallet to go for breakfast I realized my wallet was missing and after checking my luggage I ran to Panama Rafters to see if my wallet was there. The shop was closed and there was nothing I could do but go home. Desperate to get my wallet back because it had all my money as well as my bank card I returned back to the hotel to write a letter in spanish to try to get PR to mail my wallet to my next address but b/c we were only staying for one day, it would not work. I informed my tour guide of my loss who then told the hotel receptionist who called the owner of PR. Within two minutes the owner came to the hotel from her house drove me to PR unlocked the van let me retrieve my wallet all in the span of 5 minutes. My trip was saved. Thank you Panama Rafters. huge recommend to anyone in panama. ill tell my friends.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

The river is fantastic and the guides are really first rate. They ensure that everyone has a great time. Their knowledge of the river, the area and the wildlife was truly amazing. It was an incredible trip.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

The bus ride to the drop off point was a bit bumpy and the drop area was in a construction area...but its all about the adventure. The rafts were old but good quality. The guides were great and spoke english. My guide was a local and had been rafting the river for the last six years...keep in mind this is the boat you want to be in. We had an awesome time and believe it or not no one fell out in our boar. We all worked together as a team to push through some category 3 + rapids. Lunch was provided and nice on the shore. I intentionally jumped in to get a better feeling for the rapids and to cool off...they were fast and hard, but my guide got me back in when I gave him the signal. It was an awesome experience and I would definitely do it again. Rafting through the jungle was incredible!