I am Panamanian. My standards are not very high I just need a clean room and a place that at least its being taken care.
1. The hotel is in front of the Chitre central park. This is a plus if you want to walk the city, which is nice.
2. They accept small pets. I have a miniature schnauzer and they accepted it, which I thing was very nice (and they were the only hotel to accept)
3. The staff is not rude. They are not customer experience experts, they may not speak English, but at least they are not rude they will try to accommodate you as much as possible.
4. The breakfast (which was not included) was ok. Just food nothing more, nothing less. I would rather adventure to the typical places for breakfast but if you are not adventurous type its ok.
1. The place once you walk out of the lobby (sort of speaking, which is small and looks kind of nice) and up stairs to the rooms, the place just look kind of creepy. For example: Stairs were dark, the doors looked like they were forced several times, the colors of the wall looked very old.
2. The floor was not very clean, they where fairly clean but I didn´t walk on that floor without my sandals and I didn´t allowed my kids either.
3. The shower tiles were broken and the shower per se looked very rusty.
4. I am a tall person with big shoulders and I hitter twice the first aid mirror.
5. The walls in the room were also not well painted.
I try not to be picky. I have stayed at the Versalles (in the same city) which has the same price range and it was superior on all matters. I mean apples to apples, the Versalles wins.
I could stand only one night (I had reserved two), and went back to Panama City the next day morning.
If you are going to Chitre, go to Versalles, Gran Azuero, or (if you don´t find rooms there) go to Hong Kong (in front of Mc Donalds)
I don´t mean to be rude, or upset anyone, but I am trying to be as honest as possible, to help you have a good experience in my humble country. :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Rex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.