“Smiles don't hurt” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel La Villa

Hotel La Villa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chitre
Hotel La Villa
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Chitre
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Smiles don't hurt”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I usually do not write a bad review however this time I must. We arrived at the hotel late in the evening and were greeted by a lady who would not or could not smile and then we realized that no one of the staff did. The dinning room, a full dining room at that, had no wine on cocktails just beer. When we went down the menu with the server three quarters of the food was not available.
I will not go into further detail than to say the hotel itself was very quaint, the room passable, but the service and the food left much to be desired. Everything from not receiving cutlery for our breakfast to no secure bolt on the room door made this an unusually uncomfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Corry K

Business
Brooklyn New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2006

I was in Panama this past August (2006) and on the way from Chiriqui to Panama City, I wanted to stop and see the peninsula. Found this hotel on a website and booked reservations by phone. Character, charm and hosptaily were unmatched. I saw this old Spanish Colonial style inn and imagined it would be the kind of place I would want to run if I were in the hotel business. The restaurant was good and breakfast was a good deal at 2bucks. I booked the most expensive deluxe room that they had for $45.00. I presume that August is off-season because they were not busy; only a few other guests in the hotel. I hate to criticize because I got so enjoyed the authenticity of the experience and the extreme friendliness of the staff; but a couple of times I couldn't get water pressure for a shower. I slept very well in the bed, but it took some effort to get the A/C going. Overall, it was a good experience to acclimate myself with the people there. They didn't make me feel awkward or stand out. One final thought, if you dont' speak Spanish, bring an interpreter and/or some Berliz tapes because they only speak Spanish!!!!

• Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank cpworsham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chitre
Gran Hotel Azuero
Hotel Gran David
Hotel Gran David
#2 of 4 in Santiago de Veraguas
Mykonos Hotel & Convention Center
Mykonos Hotel & Convention Cente...
#1 of 4 in Santiago de Veraguas

Been to Hotel La Villa? Share your experiences!