“Rustic and amazing”

Coiba Adventure Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Year-Round Marlin Fishery Coiba Island, Hannibal Bank, Montuosa Island Greatest Variety of Game Fish in the World. Black and Blue Marlin, Yellow Fin Tuna, Dorado, Pacific Sails, Rooster Fish, Cuberas, Wahoo, and over 20 other species to discover.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We visited Isla de Coiba in January. Upon arrival to the island, we thought what on earth have we gotten ourself into? The lodging was a bit shoddy or so we thought. We soon learned the lodging was just part of the charm. Trust me, we all slept well! What made the trip so amazing was teh fishing. We caught 149 fish from 27 different species. Each day we would return to wonderful meal some of it made with the fresh tuna or mahi mahi we just caught. Captian Tom's boat is comfortable and easy to move around on. We were able to hike when we returned or snorkle in some of the most prestine waters I have ever been in. This is an unspoiled fishing paradise.

1  Thank lejcdoolin
"the kitchen"
"mother ship"
"santa catalina"

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Four of us joined Captain Tom for 7 days of fishing in October 2013. Coiba Island is simply an amazing place, virtually untouched by civilization. We knew before we left that we wouldn't have hot water or 5 star accommodations. However, what we wanted to do was fish, fish and fish some more. We spent several hours researching different options for catching large saltwater fish and lots of them. We ultimately decided on Coiba. The bottom line is that we fished as long as we wanted to for 7 days straight, without hearing one complaint from Captain Tom or any of his staff. We fished dark to dark every day except for one day when we came in a few hours prior to dark. The fact is that you will not find this anywhere else....period. We lost track of how many fish and how many different species we actually caught. On the downside, we tried for marlin but we couldn't entice a hit. We enjoyed the food, drink and atmosphere. If you want to experience a truly tropical fishing adventure, I'm not sure where you could find a more rewarding experience than with Captain Tom.

2  Thank Centerpin
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I visited Coiba with Captain Tom in January 2014. We fished for three days and we had an amazing time. Captain Tom and the first mate were truly accommodating and Coiba Island is a rare place on this planet - somewhere where civilization hasn't quite penetrated yet!

To me, the most important aspects of a successful fishing experience are the following, ranked in importance - accommodating host, great food, great fishing, comfortable boat and comfortable accommodations. I would give Coiba Adventure a perfect score on all of the above. A great host and great food are a must; after all you are on vacation and you are trying to unwind and enjoy yourself. Fishing is fishing and I am grateful when the bite is on.....Coiba seriously delivered in this department. Although we were too early for the marlin, we made up for it in the variety of fish that we caught with a couple of trophies. Captain Tom's boat is extremely comfortable and a pleasure to be on all day. I have fished on larger boats that are way less comfortable. Captain Tom has made a few custom changes to the boat that make it roomy with a few places to catch a little siesta mid day if you so choose. The accommodations are rustic but clean and comfortable and I always got a good sleep at night.

Coiba Fishing Adventures is truly a special fishing trip with a great host in unspoiled territory. I felt that it was worth every penny and I look forward to going back soon!

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I do not know how anyone could write a bad review about such a beautiful place. Coiba is the only place in the world that has not been ruined by people. The fish are prehistoric and the wild life is very photo friendly. Captain Tom knows the island better than anyone there so be sure to choose Coiba Adventure.

Awesome experience !!

1  Thank Mobbinmarlin
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Did I know that there was no hot running water on the island? Yes, I knew this before we booked our trip. Was it an adventure? Yes, we fished from before sunup to after sundown each day and caught a lot of fish. The food was excellent, and the chef was talented. As ugly as a bull dorado is on the boat does not prepare you for the delicacy it is on your plate. The crew both on the boat and on the island were excellent. When we did have any kind of problem, all we had to do was call Rolando or Juan, and the problem was fixed quickly. We still talk about Rolando arriving in our room the first morning. He greeted us with, "Good morning, I have some coffee for you." in his thick Spanish accent. I have used the line at home. If you want luxury, this is not the trip for you. If you want adventure with a fine captain and crew and are willing to enjoy the time away from city comforts, this is the trip for you.

1  Thank 2Wicked2Care