“A Good, Pleasant & Safe Stay”

Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Colon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for any persons stay here in the Colon area and surrounding barriara's that you might visit. It was very clean, good rooms with warm personalities of the staff. The safety was appreciated and very welcomed. I don't believe anyone would be disappointed and all should consider a very good place for lodging.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay.
On behalf of the staff of Radisson Colon 2000 - Hotel & Casino, appreciate your trust.
In the same way with comments like yours motivate us to keep working hard in order to serve as distinguished guests like you.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Radisson Colon with my partner, son and a group of friends that family in transit to a cruise. I only stayed one night but I wanted to experience as much as I could while staying at the hotel.

The good news is that The WiFi worked pretty good which turned out to be great as I had an emergency that I had to tend to back home. There is also a business center which we used for free. This is an added bonus.

The experience at the restaurant was not very nice at all in the evening. The waitress took very long to acknowledge us and I had to physically go over to her and tell her that we were ready to make our orders. This was totally different from the morning crew who came over and ensured that we were well taken care of. The morning buffet consisted of hash-browns, scrambled eggs, a mixed chicken and a mixed beef and a great medley of fruits.

We needed to get a baby bed, which is an arrangement that we were told would be in place when we go there. There was no baby bed and when I inquired about getting one I was told that this would not be possible at this time (we checked in around 4pm in the afternoon). I was very disappointed but it was only for one night.

My biggest challenge was the language. I really thought that, because the hotel was in an industrial area where you would have international travelers, there would be more people that spoke English. My general experience in Panama is that there were not many people that spoke English so I had to bite my tongue a few times to communicate...

In general it was an average stay. I think that the customer service could've been much better and more English speaking people at the front desk would also help.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank EnergyEvans
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay.
In the same way, your comments will be used to improve our operations and exceed expectation for important guest like you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel because it was right next to the port as we were departing for a cruise the next morning. The staff overall very friendly. The room was okay but it could have been a little more cleaner. It is close to the duty free zone and the shops around the corner from hotel were nice. We didn't go into duty free zone as we were warned about it being a problem when trying to leave. Based upon previous reviews they have gotten better as far as having staff that can speak English fluently. However they did change our room from the top floor to another without telling us until we got there. That was frustrating as my wife and I found out the reason they did it was because there was a bigger party coming for vacation and they put them all upstairs. Again its the place to stay for overnight if you are headed out the day for cruise as it's 10 minutes of less from port.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank bmc2
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'll start by saying that the room was clean and comfortable. Although the area appeared a little rough, we felt safe in the hotel. Everyone from the front desk staff to their driver and wait staff was friendly and helpful. Very few people spoke English, but they tried to help in whatever way they could. The food in the restaurant was delicious and reasonably priced. Just know that if you order off the menu in lieu of eating at their buffet, it will take a while to get your food. We did eat at their breakfast buffet and it was excellent!

Although we didn't swim, their rooftop outdoor pool which overlooked a cruise ship (yes, it was right behind us) looked good. They had a nice sized exercise room and a steam room, too.

Upon check in, the reservation system was down, so we had to wait a long while to get into our rooms, but it wasn't so bad. We did walk out the back door to the grocery in the mall behind the resort to purchase a bottle of wine for our cruise in the daylight and survived the experience. So all in all, not a bad experience. If we had to cruise again, I think we'd stay somewhere else than Colon, but if you are going to stay in Colon, this is a good hotel to choose.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PSU_Crazy
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Spent two night at the hotel and it was great.

Breakfast buffet was good as well as the in room wifi.

Hotel has good security which is a must.

Right across the street from the Zona Libre and also beside the cruise port.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank panamaadam
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay.
In the same way, your comments motivate us to keep working hard in order to serve as distinguished guests like you.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had the opportunity to stay for 6 nights in this hotel. It is a very good hotel, with excellent service, tasty restaurant with traditional and European foods, I had a very good cooperation with the front desk, but except a pregnant lady who speaks good English the staff are not able to discuss in English. The room was big with fresh cleaned sheets and hot water, with an external pool, gym and a casino very close to the main entrance. the air-condition was good enough and I had sweet dream as a satellite tv was established in my room. the advantage was that the Radisson is very close to the city, very close to free zone and just in front of a supermarket and some excellent restaurants and tourist shops.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ΠΕΤΡΟΣ Σ
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank very much for your feedback about your recent stay with us.

In the name of the whole staff of the Radisson Colon 2000 - Hotel & Casino, we appreciate your comments which motivates us to continue work harder.

If you need further information, please contact to us.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel for one nigh. We were taking a cruise the next day.
I speak Spanish and I can assure you staff from the reception were incredibly
friendly and helpful. Jose and Ana helped us made taxi reservations and we did not
have difficulties with transportation.
The rooms were adequate, clean and comfortable. Of course, my two teens complained
becase WiFi did not work.
We had dinner at the Hotel on Valentine's Day, they had a special buffet in the pool area.
Food was merely OK, nothing to write home about and overpriced.
The lobby area is nice, however, the service there was dismal. The two bartenders were fighting and took turns to disappear, the bartender left would not take care of the orders.
We waited 45 min for a beer, gave up and left.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Azulado_01
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us.

In the name oh the whole staff of the Radisson Colon 2000 we want to thank because of your comments that will be use them to improve our services and operations to satisfy distinguish guest like you.

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colon
Melia Panama Canal
21 mi away
La Casa Congo
La Casa Congo
#2 of 11 in Portobelo

Been to Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!