“LoveItContadora I I”

Contadora Island Inn
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is my second visit to contadora Island Inn, it's my favorite piece of paradise. A short walk to the cove and its my Fantasy Island come true, beautiful beaches with whie sugar sand and gentle waves perfect, just perfect. As always, Tony, the manager took care of everything, making my stay seamless. Add to that, the whale watching day trips with Anne of Whale Watch Panama and half my bucket list is complete. The B and B would be a great place for R and R and Contadora has a number of perfect little beaches all within walking distance. My early morning walks were nearly sacred with the quiet and with the whales just off- shore, breathtaking.

Room Tip: Colibri has two twin beds opens onto a private patio for a great writing spot.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda S

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We used to own this B & B and have not been there for over a year. I was thrilled to find Tony our host. He picked us up at Galleon Beach from the daily ferry and delivered us back there on our departure. We spent 4 nights in the Frigata Magnifico - with its own kitchenette which I very much appreciate. I was delighted to see that some updates have been made and some more are being undertaken. Our stay was idyllic, as an island stay should be. Very quiet, lots of privacy - we ate our breakfast on the large back deck alone as we wanted to. I love all the spaciousness of the place and how it is so well taken care of. Tony joined us for dinner a few of the nights and we thoroughly enjoyed his company. Isolda is a delight and is justifiably proud of her high standard of housekeeping. Walking around the island at sunrise and sunset was, as always, a highlight of our time there. The roads on the island used to be something to complain about and now they have to be the best roads in Panama!!! I was duly impressed and also love the ferry ride there and back. All in all we were thrilled to see that the Contadora Island Inn is doing so well and continues to be a delightful place to stay.

Room Tip: If you like to prepare any of your own meals the Frigate allows for that with a fridge and microwave...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelingwomyn
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The hotel is basically a four bedroom house on the Island of Contadora. Rooms are simple but clean and comfortable with air and fans. Though you have access to the patio, it's not super private- you're looking out on to the other rooms or onto the street, but then again, you're not there to stay in the room! I actually went with a friend for a girl's weekend, which ended up being a little awkward as the island is definitely more of a private-romantic destination getaway spot, but considering we spent twelve hours on the beach each day anyway it wasn't a big deal.

Upon arriving via ferry, we received a tour of the island via golf cart including the beaches, restaurants and sites of interest. Breakfast was great- they are happy to customize your eggs and breakfast offerings, assuming you (or a fellow guest!) know enough Spanish to describe "over-easy". The DVD offering was complete and fully up to date if you're in the mood- though it felt a little weird as the common room is shared with other guests.

And as a note about the island- make sure you head to Plajo Executivo; though it's down a major hill, it's by far the most beautiful and only a very short walk from the hotel. That said, the beaches available only at low tide are also amazing and when we headed to the Swedish (nude) beach, it was completely empty (thank god!) and so we were able to check it out without any painful ocular experiences.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank gbh914
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I would rate Contadora Island Inn a definite #1 in guest services...Everything from the email reservation I made to the personal guided tour of the island via golf cart made the 3 days, 2 nights stay perfect for me. The hotel is a house in a forest and upon entering you are in the dining area and open kitchen which lead down to a living area with giant TV for movies and a beautiful shady back deck. All of the rooms open to this main common area and are generally very peaceful with just the sounds of the birds and raindrops from the trees. The breakfast is made for you when you request it with fresh fruit, eggs, and toast - yum! Anytime I wanted to go anywhere, I was able to get a golf cart ride either from Tony or just by walking down the road and being offered one. I was travelling by myself on the island and so Tony made great efforts to ensure I was well taken care of and showed me around to the different restaurants, beaches, and dive shop where I was diving. Thanks Tony!!!

I stayed in Coiba which had 2 twin beds, a stocked refrigerator with water, beer, wine, and snacks to purchase, a private bath and a private entrance to a side deck with A/C. I paid 70usd/night, which was the least expensive I could find on the island, but for that price I have to say, I expected something a bit more from the actual accommodations...the guest services made up for it though.

This is a lovely island to debrief and enjoy exploring all based from the Contadora Island Inn!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2012

we traveled to contradora island without reservations for the night and found it a little difficult to find a place as it is a bit of a walk uphill to the bb hotels as we were walking the owner of contadora inn pulled over her van and offered us a ride to another bb as hers was booked for that night we did stay the next two nights and enjoyed our stay as our host was very helpful with suggestions for beaches, dinning and departure info

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed at Contadora Island Inn with a friend in June 2012. I am Panamanian but had never been to Contadora Island before. My friend was from UK and wanted to visit and I heard only lovely things about this Inn so I decided to book right away. It's a B&B Hotel but each room has a bathroom/AC and you share the kitchen and living room areas. The breakfast was AMAZING, including pancakes, eggs, fresh tropical fruit, juice and coffee. I emailed the owner asking for information about snorkeling and she answered right away. The manager met us at the Ferry Arrival beach and had already hooked us up with a snorkeling tour, so we hoped off the Ferry and into the Pearl Islands tour. Golf carts are available for rent at the hotel and Villa Romantica's restaurant is walking distance. I really recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Island.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Colibri room, it has two separate twin beds.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank moonawaii
Reviewed 3 June 2012

my girlfriend and I were at contadorra island inn for 4 or 5 nights in early december 2011. we didnt know what to expect when arriving on contadorra as it was a bit of a last minute decision to go. we were met off the tiny plane by Tony and given a tour in the golf buggy. he is an excellent host/guide! he was funny, informative and very personable. like previous reviewers state, he knows everybody and whats more he seemed to be extremely well liked and respected by all the people we came across on the island. the property is very nice, as were the rooms, we were in two different ones during our stay due to guests who had booked before us.
In short, the island is a nice place to come for a few days and Tony made our whole stay very enjoyable. My girlfriend and I would love too go back and stay at contadorra island inn again someday soon.............I hope you'll still be there Tony!
Take care!