“Loved our stay at the Inn!”

Contadora Island Inn
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We spent five days here and enjoyed it immensely. From the moment Tony picks you up from the beach, he makes sure that your questions are answered and goes out of his way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Tony was a highlight of our trip! Clean rooms and a filling breakfast each morning! We love Contadora Island Inn!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Writergirl15

Reviewed 3 April 2013

My husband and I had stayed here 7 years ago, and I was delighted to see it was still as wonderful as it was 7 years ago. Tony, our host, was still there as well! This is a delightful B&B, very chill, tranquila, and relaxing.....I would highly recommend renting a golf cart from Tony - you receive a special guest rate at 1/2 the price of anywhere else on the island......you can zip all over the island, check out the various beaches, etc.....the beds are comfortable, A/c is nice and cold, the rooms are clean, bathroom nice...and .a wonderful breakfast of 2 eggs, toast, sausage, OJ, coffee, and fresh fruit awaits you every morning. It is always fun getting to know the other guests as well! There is a bookcase full of books to read and DVD's to watch if you choose....A nice bonus is Tony will meet you at the ferry or the little airport to take you and your luggage to the Inn, He will also take you back down on the sad day you have to depart this little piece of paradise!
We will be back soon and not wait another 7 years to return!! Thanks for everything Tony!! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed here for a couple nights in early March. We hadn't booked in advance and our host, Tony, happened to be waiting near the ferry so we were lucky to get a room! He was very accommodating and set us up with a reasonable golf cart rental as well.

Our room was great, it was in the back and opened up to the patio. It was quiet, beds were comfy and there was a well stocked mini bar ;) Breakfast was good too.

The best part though had to be Tony. He helped us set up some activities, arrange our accommodations back in Panama city and we had a fantastic time taking the ferry with him back to mainland as he happened to be on his way too. I feel like he went really above and beyond for us which was nice as our Spanish is terrible.

I highly recommend staying here if you are travelling to Isla Contador.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My husband and i went to Contadora Island in late November and we spent 3 days on the island. Because it was low season, the island didn't have a lot of tourists. At times it seems we were the only ones on the island. Unless you are committed to doing just R&R, you should come activites planned during your stay.

Pros: Lovely B&B. Tony was hospitable and met us at the beach where the ferry dropped us off. He took us on a tour of the island via golf cart, which he offers to be rented at $45/day. Breakfast was offered every morning, which was great. The room we stayed in (Pelicano) was spacious and had patio doors that opened to the back deck. On one night during our stay, it poured for hours. Unfortunately there's no much to do when it does rain, so luckily the B&B had a TV and a stack of DVDs so we stayed in and watched a movie. Luckily as well, down the block, there is a restaurant called La Tortuga which serves and makes the best pizza ever.

The bathroom was clean and although at times hot water was not as abundant, it wasn't necessarily needed as it was hot and humid enough, that a cool shower is all that you needed :-)

Cons: Wish the B&B offered bath/hand bar soap. At a minimum, I would have expected to have that available. Rental Golf carts could be maintained a little better. We had to change carts at least 2 times during our 3 day stay, because the cart either ran out of gas or just stalled.

Would recommend this inn and island to anyone looking to get away for a few days. During our stay, we island hopped along with another couple that was staying at the B&B. We did a 3 hr tour for $50/couple. Awesome time. The islands weren't too far apart, that you could enjoy more of them. We'd stop, to swim, snorkel and enjoy the beach. Another day we went out to do deep sea fishing. It was a great experience. We caught 3 fishes (one 10 lb. dorado!!). my husband also went scuba diving. Since it was low season, he was the only one on this particular excursion and he felt he had personalized training. It is also the only diving school on the island.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sweetjuly0723
Reviewed 29 January 2013

What makes this place special is the welcoming feel. Tony, our host, was completely helpful for everything. Rooms were comfortable and quiet. The water pressure in the shower was minimal, but i think it is probably that way everywhere on the island. Good breakfast each morning with the other guests. Whenever we had any questions or needed help, Tony was always there. Thank you all for the great week.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, we used 3 of them. The one by the kitchen might get noisy in the morning with m...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank rubinskido
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed here for 8 days and had a really wonderful experience right from the start. Immediately after I made my reservation the owner emailed to provide very helpful tips on travelling to and from the island and to answer my questions promptly. Trust me, this was the only instance of excellent service I saw in my two weeks in Panama, where even the very high end hotels and restaurants seem a little oblivious as to what that means.

The rooms were clean, bug-free and the air conditioning worked perfectly. Breakfast was simple, fruit, eggs, toast, coffee, tea, but it's so hot that you really don't need much else. The location is basically: close to everything, because it's a tiny island and you can walk the whole perimiter of it in about 30 minutes... two of the best beaches are within a 10-15 min walk. After my first day I preferred to just walk around. That said, many of the locals are quick to offer to give you a lift. Tony who manages the property was every bit as helpful in arranging a golf cart for my first day, showing me around the island and explaining where to find what I'd need.

Just around the corner was my favourite restaurant, Casa Tortuga, makes excellent Italian food with really fresh ingredients. Easily, easily the best place to eat on the island (reservations required.)

Other guests hailed from all around the world and were generally friendly and easy to chat with.

Overall Contadora Island Inn is excellent value for money and has great service!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura Q
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

The hotel is not located near the beach and therefore its lower price. Its at a 15 minute walk from the beach where the ferry lands, the service is super good and they will pick you up in a golf cart with all of your luggage. There is also free breakfast every day, eggs and toast. They rent golf carts for $45 per day, way cheaper than in town, so you can go around the islands and visit all of the beaches. My favorite one was Playa Ejecutiva. Make sure you take a little cooler with water and drinks. Because it is an island, Contadora is very expensive so try taking these things from Panama City .

• Stayed: November 2012
#6 of 10 in Contadora Island
Casa del Sol
Casa del Sol
#5 of 10 in Contadora Island

Been to Contadora Island Inn? Share your experiences!