Contadora Island Inn
Mar & Oro(Contadora Island)
US$132
All reviewsrent a golf cartother guestsb beggspanama citybed and breakfaststayed two nightscasa tortugatonybeachesislandferrycontadoramayorhousekeeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We flew into Isla Contadora thru AirPanama. I contacted Tony the day before and he stated he would be there to pick us up. We arrived 20 minutes early and Tony arrived saying he heard the plane come in. Tony gave us a tour of the island on the way to the Inn.

I recommend renting a golf cart for $50. There are a few markets and resturaunts. We had the Inn to ourselves. Tony was a knowledgable and great host.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ashley W
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This has been the nicest place that we've stayed at on our trip . Not because of the views or rooms but because Tony made us feel like family . He took us on a tour of the island and even picked us up 1 hour early when he heard our plane arriving . I have nothing but good things to say about this place we even rented a golf cart from them and it was $30 cheaper than Amy other place on the island our room was clean and they even put a queen size bed in our room to accommodate our height . I'm 6"2 and the bed was perfect . I also loved how friendly the staff was to us they would do anything to make your stay enjoyable . I would definitely go there again it's top notch thanks again Tony your the Man ...

Room Tip: The rooms are all good and one of them has a kitchenette
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rodney J
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The Inn has comfortable, clean rooms and a quiet location. Unfortunately, it's further from the beaches than we anticipated. This meant a 15 minute walk to the water. Speaking of water, it is not drinkable on the island. The Inn does not provide potable water for free or sale, so that's another hike. You can rent golf carts to get around at $50 per day. Tony the caretaker would often be headed out on his cart, but never offer lifts. He was also one of the most pessimistic people I've ever met. Although there is a stove present in the kitchen, you are not permitted to cook.

Room Tip: On a future trip I would choose a place on a beach.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We spent five days here and enjoyed it immensely. From the moment Tony picks you up from the beach, he makes sure that your questions are answered and goes out of his way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Tony was a highlight of our trip! Clean rooms and a filling breakfast each morning! We love Contadora Island Inn!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Writergirl15
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My husband and I had stayed here 7 years ago, and I was delighted to see it was still as wonderful as it was 7 years ago. Tony, our host, was still there as well! This is a delightful B&B, very chill, tranquila, and relaxing.....I would highly recommend renting a golf cart from Tony - you receive a special guest rate at 1/2 the price of anywhere else on the island......you can zip all over the island, check out the various beaches, etc.....the beds are comfortable, A/c is nice and cold, the rooms are clean, bathroom nice...and .a wonderful breakfast of 2 eggs, toast, sausage, OJ, coffee, and fresh fruit awaits you every morning. It is always fun getting to know the other guests as well! There is a bookcase full of books to read and DVD's to watch if you choose....A nice bonus is Tony will meet you at the ferry or the little airport to take you and your luggage to the Inn, He will also take you back down on the sad day you have to depart this little piece of paradise!
We will be back soon and not wait another 7 years to return!! Thanks for everything Tony!! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends