“Good stopover”
Review of Chambres en Ville

Chambres en Ville
Ranked #3 of 14 David B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We were en Chambres en ville just to stop over between Panama city and Boquete. Everything was ok, it was clean and we had everything we needed. But in the morning they started to work at the hostel, it was 7 in the morning. They made a lot of noise, with hammers and cutting wood. Anyway, we couldn t sleep any more. And there was also no water, not even for brushing teeth. We dont know the reason for that.
We just think that if you care about your guests you wait with the working until a normal hour like 9am. Or you tell your guests in advance that they start at 7.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anneleen L

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We absolutely fell in love with this place! It is the perfect respite from the hustle of the city of David but still within walking distance to a lot of interesting downtown places. The huge yard, pool and outdoor common space were nicely kept. It was great to have a kitchen and refrigerator to help us save a little money.
I would highly recommend this place to ANYONE!

(Also, they have some of the cheapest, coldest beer you will find offered at any hotel)

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is on the other side of the little courtyard from the street. It was a bit n...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We booked this place based on the pool when we were in Panama City, however when we arrived we were enchanted by the beauty of the yard with the pool and large veranda with kitchen and gathering area. We don't like staying in sterile tall hotels so this really hit the spot. The senora and her son Luis were extremely welcoming and took care of our every need including finding me an extra lamp for my room so I could read. The rooms were function-able and clean as was the kitchen and the pool. I found that most guests spend their time under the veranda or in the pool. The guests were also quite welcoming. I was taken aback when I saw "hostel" on the front sign and thought it would be communal living but was pleasantly surprised that we had our own with air conditioning. We loved it here and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a clean room with a pool and large outdoor communal kitchen under a veranda I highly rec...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank larios p
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This is a hostal that comes equipped with private rooms or a dorm room at reasonable rates, has a huge outdoor kitchen, pool, lovely gardens, two dogs, three parrots and a toucan. A Romeros .supermarket is 3 blocks away .and there are good restaurants nearby. \luis owns and manages the hostel in Spanish, English and French and is unbelievably informative and always helpful.;

There are only 7 rooms total so reserve early but the best part is that with so few rooms the pool is usually just for you.

Room Tip: It is a hostel and the rooms are quite similar and face on a small courtyard wth tr.ees, plants and...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Villager223
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have travelled through david several times. After arriving on a late bus from Almirante and going to the other hostels that were full(i didn't know it was a holiday) the taxi driver took me here. I was surprised by the downtown location. Super close to everything. The staff is very nice, the manager Luis was very friendly and made me feel welcome.

He had a cancellation and gave me a double room for the single rate. I didn't really have time to use the pool, or the kitchen but both looked very nice. The kitchen was quite large and looked well stocked with utensils and cookware.

They have a nice tv area, free and fast wifi, and a nice eating area.

The guests that were there, were on the older side. Not very friendly or outgoing but I would expect this as its not really a hostel and not really a hotel.

For a single traveler looking for a fun place to stay and meet people I dont think this is it. But if you are looking for a comfortable and quiet place to sleep right downtown than this is for you. I will be staying here on all of my future visits to david.

thank you Luis and staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank honest_dude_ca
Reviewed 16 January 2013

It is located in a street which does not feel very safe at night but the Hotel in itself feels safe. They have a great kitchen for everyone to use. No restaurant. Nice but small pool. Close to a grocery store. All in all good value.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Guslor
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. The room we were in was old but spacious and clean. They have newer rooms too, which looked very nice. The outdoor community kitchen was very clean (clean fridges!) and equiped with everything you need. There is a spacious garden with a pool. Last but not least, the owner is very helpful and friendly! I recommend staying here when you are in David!

• Stayed: November 2012