“Don't miss it.”
Review of Parque Cervantes

Parque Cervantes
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in David
Reviewed 1 November 2013

There is often some community activity or celebration centered on the park. Or just hang-out in the cooler evenings. uh, sometimes the fountain isn't working.

1  Thank novakia
There are newer reviews for Parque Cervantes

Reviewed 25 August 2013

More of a "center square" than a park. No play equipment, or picnic tables, or grass.

But, it is a pleasant, shady place to relax, with lots of places to sit, and a pleasant fountain to watch. The seating is curvy so that it would be a great place for conversations and visiting.

We stopped by this afternoon, and I parked at a grocery store and took a taxi, because I don't like the intense traffic of the really central areas in David. I was glad that we did that. The square had a bunch of people there, not enough for it to feel crowded, but it was definitely well-used space. The fountain was pretty.

A nice spot to stop and relax if you're shopping in the central area, but not something we will go back to a whole lot while we are in the area. I'm glad I went once, though.

2  Thank Emily K
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I will never, by choice, visit David again, but of course, I am spoiled by Costa Rica, where I live on the south coast.

3  Thank jrgould45
Reviewed 23 January 2013

These the kind of areas we look for when traveling. This park is where the community gathers. Street vendors align the walkways. Restaurants and cafeterias all around. We watched the local police salsa band put on a new years concert for their community. We ate meat on a stick. Had ice cream from one of the many shops.

3  Thank Walter D
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Eat a "Raspado" (Snow cone but with condensed miik or natural flavors. My favorite is "coconut.) from these local vendors at the park. They're the best ones to buy. Watch the hustle and bustle of what Davidenos are doing-shopping, buying lottery tickets, going to church, walking by to rest at the park, etc.

4  Thank AuriSerrano