Gran Hotel Nacional
Aranjuez Hotel & Suites(David)
US$84
US$69
Official Hotel
Hotel Ciudad de David(David)
US$86
US$83
Priceline
US$81
US$67
US$64
US$59
  • Restaurant
All reviewspool sidemovie theatermixed grillfitness centerrestaurants are greatbreakfast buffetfull buffetthe heart of the citycomfortable roomshotel restaurantcasinogabrielpanamadirectionsshuttlemustybedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I was there for 4 nights few weeks ago. At first impresion I thought that will be a nice hotel ... well ... Front desk is not bad at all but you have to walk a lot to get elevator... once you get the room "340" with pool view . . . it was really hot ... I turned A/C but ws a really noisy one.. or watch TV or get Air running...

Bed Sheets are old as hotel, dirty ... I decide go to the gym .. well a think no more than 3 sq. meter with old machines.. 1 cycle .. 1 walking machine and one kind of exercise machine in a very bad conditions.... it really dissapointed me...

Restaurant was great... nice food and not expensive at all. Good deal here !!!.

Last day I arrive from work and my room was open.. so I asked front desk and she said I dunno... she asked manager and nobody knows why it was open... However nothing was missing...

I will say like a summary ... if can get a better hotel .. DO IT !!! This hotel does not worth it if you are lokking some 4* hotel.

Room Tip: A/C is really noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Juan_Alejandro
Reviewed 26 January 2013

From check in to check out everything was very pleasing. My room was small but clean and nicely appointed with great A/C, TV and WiFi. It was on a noisy side but it did not bother me. The hotel is a non-smoking property which I liked. It is centrally located so access to the myriad of shops and vendors is within a few blocks walk. Staff could not be faulted except for restaurant staff who consistently do not do provide follow-up service once you are served. Mind you, if you are tired of wait staff catching you with a mouthful...asking if, "You guys are doing OK?" this may be a good thing. But you will need to go find a waiter if you need another beverage or your bill....they just don't seem to come back otherwise. Nice, big inner court yard pool. Lots of on-site parking with security guards. David will never ever be a destination of choice for me, but I would stay at this hotel again any time if I must go to David.

Room Tip: Ask for an inner facing room - there really are no views worth suffering street noise for.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jrgould45
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Spent two nights over New Years. Close enough to the plaza to easily walk to the festivities. Far enough away to be restful at night. Rooms were comfortable. Pool was magnificient. Complimentary breakfast buffet was very satisfactory. Dinner in the restaurant was very reasonable and more food than we needed. WiFi worked well.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The hotel room had been upgraded with a 'new' bathroom. The room was large with 2 double or possibly queen sized beds, and a good air-conditioner. The room price is quite reasonable (and as noted by others the price on their web page or at the front desk is the same as on Expedia or Booking.com) and included 2 breakfasts each morning in their restaurant. We were unable to locate any better restaurants last time so we ate in their Italian Pizzeria each evening and were quite satisfied. It is frequented by locals and provides good 'local' food and pizzas. It also provides take-out pizzas for the locals. Our room didn't have a fridge which would have been useful as most evening meals were bigger than our appetites. The alcoholic beverages are reasonably priced.
The pool was welcome on hot sunny afternoons and was very clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2012

rooms are very spacious, staff very nice, prices direct at the reception are the same as on booking.com
and that sounds now very funny or even odd: best toiletpaper we ever had in hotels
breakfast could be better (coffee was fantastic)
aircon was very loud that needs some improvment

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends