Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Farallon
Reviewed 9 March 2014

people say this place is big and they are right. stayed for one week and did not see half of the property. what i did see i liked, food was very good, beach was big, walked to woodys bar some thing to see if you are Canadian . better be in shape lots of stairs ,checked out 6 allacarts all were good sushi took to long but the food was good try it for lunch its the best over all great place

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pecker_11
Write a ReviewReviews (4,408)

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hell! Three days of ants in my bed. No hot water. Nobody even showed up to the room. Took three days to find another room. Room on the golf course. Had to take a van to eat or swim or 20 minute walk. 90 steps up and down to the beach 3 times a day. Not for anybody over 30. Free golf cost $110. No bottled water from the airport. 2 hour bus ride from airport. All excursions at least 2-3 hour bus drive anywhere. Nolitours was no help. No English when you want something fixed. Took 3 hours to get luggage on arrival and they left it outside on the steps. New Year's Eve was good and food was good. Screwed up my seats on the way home. Lost 5 lbs. with all the walking. 3 lobbies and none know what the other does. Transat and Nolitours offered $100 credit. Joke!!!

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk stay in the hotel not the villas. Resort is too big.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Don L
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We left for Panama on Feb 25th and came home March 4th. The weather was absolutely beautiful when we arrived! Our hotel from the air port was 2 hours away. Which seemed like a life time cause we had already been traveling for 8 hours.(later on during our trip they had informed us that another airport was almost finished being built nearly minutes away from this resort!!!). Once we got to the resort, we found our way to our rooms. Once in the room we were so tired from all the traveling, hungry and sadly complaining about our expectations for the room. Its an average room and you had to pay for a safety box and a mini fridge. That's the first resort id ever been to where you had to pay for both of those. But the location of our room from the beach was handy. Probably a two minute walk. The food is fairly good, I enjoyed most of my meals and the buffets had a lot of options.DO NOT miss out on breakfast though!! The service was good for the most part, a lot of the staff was still unable to speak fluent English but whenever they got confused to what you were asking of them they would ask someone to translate. I loved how spaced out the rooms were, it was nice to be able to go for those long walks around the resort when you needed to walk off your supper. The entertainment staff was great! So friendly and VERY outgoing people, the weather was still hot at night so to watch them do their performance with the beads of sweat dripping off them was nuts! We went during the time of their carnival, and because of how bad the traffic was we couldn't go, so they brought the carnival to all of us and we had our own little celebration!! They made sure that whoever wanted to join was dressed up in glitter and had masks! It was so much fun, even to watch! The sun was hot by 6:30 am! We made had to put sunblock on every couple hours and made sure to sit in the shade every now and then so we wouldn't burn too badly. It was very clean and I ALWAYS felt safe! The guide had told us that whatever you want to give to the maid remember to write down what your giving her with your room number otherwise she could be accused of stealing! Also at the end of each hallway to the rooms there were security cameras, which made me feel even more safe than I already was! The people were very friendly and made you feel welcomed at all times of the day. I cannot tell you how sad I was to leave!!! The ocean was beautiful everyday, water was never cold, the beach was HUGE! Weather was perfect everyday, only rained one time and that was the day we left and it rained right in Panama City. Even then the rain was only for a short period of time. It wasn't muggy or make my clothing feel gross. The evenings were beautiful!! Usually I would need a sweater for the slightly chilly nights, but I swear it was hot at all times of our trip!! It was truly so sad to leave, and I cannot wait to go back!!! :) I suggest going to anybody who needs a get away from the winter weather, or just needs a get away in general! you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the beach! Unless you will be there for the golfing, otherwise getting a vill...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank brittnai v
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I travelled to Decameron for New Years, in a huge group of 17 people (3 children, 2 seniors, 6 adults, and 6 teenagers/young adults). There was something for everybody! It was my first time in Panama so I really wasn't sure to expect. Before this, the only all-inclusives I'd gone to were in Cuba or Mexico so I was expecting something really tourist-y, with a lot of Canadians and Europeans.

Not so! I don't know if everyone will find it as appealing as I did, but I loved to see that a lot of guests were Latin American! Don't get me wrong, there were still a lot of other tourists and the entertainment was in both English and Spanish, but it was great to really get a sense of the culture.

The drinks were amazing, the bartender in the Lobby Bar was my favourite! He remembered me and would serve me without me having to ask for a drink. The first night, I asked for a BBC (Bailey's, Banana and Coconut Cream - SO GOO) and he didn't know what it was, but he invented a similar drink and named it after me! What a sweetheart.

As for the food, there was a great selection, and the a la carte restaurants were great. We went one night for my mother's birthday and the band sang to her and the restaurant brought out a cake! The bars are great, and the disco at night is fun for both adults and teens!

The beach was great, and there was tons do to. I won a contest (Miss Decameron! haha) and I won 15 minutes of Jet-Skiing, but the man who works there was so sweet and took me out for about 30-40 minutes! He let me drive and made sure no water got into my eyes. All of the workers here are so sweet!

All in all, great vacation. I really want to return one day!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Travelocity2014
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The resort is for families and couples not singles.
If you speak Espanol or Francias your level of service increases.
English only your at a huge disadvantage.
Panamanians have a lot to learn on customer service very poor attitudes except for in some resturantes where reservations are required and buffets.
The service staff at buffets are most likely so happy to have a job they work very hard.

My experience dealing with service staff and management was horrible.
Even afer tipping handsomely it rarely made a difference.
I've been to other Royal Decamerons in Mexico and Jamaica they get tourism and the staff at those properties see an opportunity in acquiring tips.
Panama their attitudes is saying No first or who cares. Appauling and rude.
Becomes very annoying and frustrating after a few days and nights.

Over all would never return to this property. I
gave Nolitours and Airtransat another shot to impress me after a bad experience in 2006 and even they dropped the ball on numerous occasions during my vacation.
My advice is stay away from Royal Decameron Panama Farralon.
Spent most of my vavcation listening to other English speaking travellers complain on how awful their trip and experience has been.

Its a shame the only positive thing was the weather.
Huge dissappointment.
Last time I travell Airtransat or book a Nolitour package

Much more content with Club Meds for ground and using West Jet for air.
Regards,
DNorth

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank darin n
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were at this resort for 2 weeks in February end of March this year.
one must remember; Panama is NOT the Caribbean Island, it does not rely on tourism as a main source of income, being such, do not expect the friendly Caribbean smiles from all the workers or the warm service. The resort is big, however if you get a beach front room, everything is literally at your finger tips. (which is good because if you want a palapa you will have to get up by 6:30am!) The food was pretty good at the al a carts, the buffet's were quite boring. There were some staff that were exceptional, and many who ignored guests (unless they spoke Spanish) and made us feel like we were in their way! (perhaps because we only spoke English, the French speaking Canadians did seem to get better service)
All being said, the weather was fantastic, and a short walk to Woodies Canadian Beach sports bar was a great escape. The water sports activity guys and gal were great, and the parasailing was the best we had experienced in years.
Walls in rooms were paper thin, and we could hear everything in the rooms beside us!
Over all a good vacation, however we would not go back, once was definitely enough!

Room Tip: must get a beach front
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kathi W
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We just got back after vacationing from Feb.24/14 to March 3rd. The weather was fantastic, all that it was cracked up to be- 33 to 35 degrees Celsius every day - if you are going looking for sun and heat, this is the place. We found the food to be very good, especially the buffets. A couple of the a la cartes were not that special. All the pools were very clean, the grounds all very well maintained. The rooms were more than adequate although we did experience an air conditioning malfunction that was fixed the next day. To get us through the sweltering night they brought in a portable A/C unit that did the trick. The beach was good but as we knew before we went the water was not the crystal clear aqua blue of the Caribbean but it was much better than we anticipated. You have to be up early in the day in order to stake claim to desired areas of the beach or pools but that was no problem as most of our group were early risers. If I have any complaints these are it: the bus ride is reported in a couple of brochures to be 90 minutes but both ways was almost two hours exactly - in spite of the efforts of both drivers to set land speed records on twisty, windy roads in a BUS !!! Scary rides both ways- the drivers need to be reined in and told that they are there to transport passengers, not scare the hell out of them. My second complaint is the staff....they really need to be trained to not treat the guests as if they are an imposition on their time and to be much friendlier than they are. We tried tipping the bar staff in a number of the bars and it made no difference- they would make you a drink but make no attempt to smile or engage you as a paying guest. When they learn to do this they will find that their tip jars will be filling much faster and more regularly than they do right now.....they have a lot to learn from other all inclusive resorts in other countries. We would probably go back to this resort but only when international flights are allowed to land at the airport that is within minutes of the resort and when we get reports or reviews that tell us the staff attitudes have changed for the better. Again, to summarize... the resort itself is lovely and well maintained and the food is a 4 out of 5, staff overall....2 out of 5.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dandon52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farallon
Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort
#1 of 1 in Farallon
La Casita del Farallon
La Casita del Farallon
#3 of 5 in Farallon

Been to Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!