Reading other reviews affirms that if you want to have a bad time you will. Read up on the place you are visiting. Try to be a gracious guest, learn a little of the language and do not assume everyone speaks the same language as you. Even my humble spanish was appreciated. Reading about the resort firsthand, knowing that in room safes and small fridges were extra $, knowing that you only receive one key per room unless putting down a deposit, knowing that there are stairs all over the resort and maybe consulting a map of the place prior are all things I DID FOR MYSELF. I can see how not knowing these things and arriving fresh off the bus could amount to some blown expectations but I hardly think thats anyones fault but your own. Its called research people. My room was nice second floor as requested, I did request a fridge but they only have 50 that they move from room to room and 850 rooms, so unless you have a medical reason to have a fridge you probably wont get one. Oh missed your NOLITOURS meeting? then blame yourself for not knowing anything about the resort. When we checked in it was very nice, greeted outside with a drink, and strangely enough, they handed us a MAP of the resort! We found our room using the map, but even as we were walking to it, staff approached us and pointed out the right building to us. An added bonus to this resort was the many many stairs! We would walk from one end of the resort to the other after meals. The food was ok, not the best we have had, but definitely not the worst. We really enjoyed the chicken at the snack bars. The drinks were the best! such a selection and very quick preparation, always with a smile. Juan was my favourite bartender at the swim up adult pool bar.
Our rooms were kept spotlessly clean by some very nice ladies and the A/C was actually too cold sometimes and we had to turn it off at night.
If you're looking for the Caribbean clear blue water beaches, this isnt it. the water was warm and felt great but was murky and made snorkelling pointless. the beach is very dark silty sand and the tide comes way up, so if youre one of those people who drag your chair all the way up to the waters edge to watch your children play in the water rather than play with them in the water, then why don't you drag your chair back when you are done so they are not chasing the chairs down the beach as they get pulled out to sea.
The Nolitours staff were very helpful, very friendly and provided some comic relief. They hooked us up with a tee time but sadly when i learned it would cost over $400 for our round the thought of playing 18 holes in +36 temp wasn't as appealing. If you want to golf, book a villa which includes 4 free rounds. the grounds looked good but not much coverage and a little dry.
Yes wifi is expensive, walk down the beach to Woodys Canadian for a beer and enjoy free wifi and watch some hockey!
Next time we will definitely split the trip with a few nights in the city, and partake in some of the rainforest excursions or the canal tour.
all in all a great trip! watch out for tree climbing Iguanas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino Panama/Farallon
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama