“Authentic place”

Hotel Corbiski EcoLodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Blas Islands
Hotel Corbiski EcoLodge
Queensland, Australia
“Authentic place”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stayed in Hotel Corbiski for one night and we all loved it. We were the only tourists on the island and the owner, who introduced himself as Maestro, and his family were amazing! Very caring and lovely hosts. They didn't speak any English and between us we still had only fairly broken Spanish but we worked it all out.
The food was great, plentiful and fresh. With every meal we got bottled water and the family had cold beer for sale.
The rooms and the bathrooms are clean and basic but there are lights.
Since this island is basically covered with the village there is no beach so for snorkelling and swimming we went to other islands. You do get plenty of opportunity to interact with the locals though.

Room Tip: Rooms 1, 2 and 3 are facing the ocean so they get more breeze.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anjja

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We did not actually stay here, because when we arrived they told us the toilet was not working, but be aware--this is not a pretty island or hotel. The island is very much a shanty town. Very poor people, naked children playing in the dirt, lots of garbage everywhere. If this does not faze you then you should be ok, but if you are expecting anything remotely close to an island paradise, this is not it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jk_actually

Travellers are raving about these San Blas Islands hotels

Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Beautiful water

Kind and caring people

Good food, especially fresh caught lobster for dinner

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JZ P
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Mr Elias was a very nice person, they are all friendly people, the boat guy was so nice Abel I think is his name also. I like the hotel rooms, there were nice and clean but here come my complains!!.
We called Mr Elias to set a driver guy Augusto I think is the drivers guy name to take us to Carti then take a boat to the hotel, the driver guy was so irresposable( Augusto a Kuna Guy)!, I don't recomend to call this guys, I won't call him again, I got a new phone number from a new driver guy that drove us back to Panama City because Mr Agusto was to busy and he has another people to take in his SUV so he left us and dump in another car with this new driver, I was so mad with this guy, because there was no comunication with us about this change, I think this was the worse part from our trip the SUV GUY!. But Later, I was happy with the new driver even my brother, he drove us carefully no faster like the other guy because there are a lot of curves and also a river to cross there is not bridge but it is an adventure and we got his new number to comeback in the future and he does bring you on time and at 4am and with ari conditioner! Mr Elias usually call this guy Augusto the Kuna driver and then the driver call to you to pick you up in your home at 5am but he showed up at 535am them he start to do all his grossery shopping and we were waitting in the SUV until he finished, we were so hot because the car didn't has air and his cellphone was ringing all the time because all the people from San Blas want to order eggs, pineaples, etc etc for their hotels for the visitors!. I though we will go strait to Carti in San Blas but no we have to wait until he finish his shopping with the other guy!. This SUV it is mainly to bring food to the Island, and we didn't know this Mr Elias didn't said nothing about this!!.
When we saw Mr Elias we were very happy he was very nice and took to us direct to the grass Island that was the name, the lunch was almost no lunch, we were so hungry, he gave to us a fish salad from other people that were in the same tour than us. Next time I will bring my own food and we did bring water, I did it too!, we stayed in the hotel with my 2 young kids for one night and two days, we left late in the afternoon next day, I think it was enough. I didn't spect a 5 start hotel but the big problem was that the food always was cold and late and the shower was a huge problem there was almost no water to take a bath my poor girls were screaming with soap in their eyes and if you want to use the toilet there was no water you need to get water from the ocean and flash the toilet this was all the time, this problem!!
I do not recomend to stay here if you have small children, adults can do better but children not and it was 50 dollar per person but you get what you paid! at night the Kuna people were talking around 1am, I couldn't sleep well that night. The Island were the hotel is it is a little dirty. I saw a lot of trash around but they take you out of the Island to take the tours. Next Time I prefer pay more for a hotel that have better service.
But I have not complain about the Island and the tour that Mr Elias took us Grass Island and Dog Island there were a dream!, the start fish my family had a blast and again I said Mr Elias was very friendly and nice person but his hotel have to get better the service and fix that water problem the rest I was happy with our bedroom. My daugthers had a blast on the Islands! . I'm fascinated with San Blas!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank aventurera14_10
Queens, NY
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We stayed at Corbiski for two nights and were very disappointed with some aspects of our experience. First off, let me tell you that I was not expecting the Ritz, but I was expecting (a) running water in the shower and toilet; (b) excursions to leave when we were told they'd leave; and (c) not to be forced to go on shopping trips so the hotel could pick up items.

Some more detail: first, for most of our stay there was no running water. As in, toilet did not flush, and faucet and showers did not work. We had to ask Elias for a bucket to wash. We were told, without apology, that the plumber was coming sometime after we left. This was, unsurprisingly, not much consolation.

Our first day we were sent to an island that was overcrowded and not so scenic, so we asked Elias if we could go hiking the second day (hiking was one of the excursions listed on the website). He said hiking wasn't available that day (not a weather issue, a cost issue--he didn't want to take us that far), but that he'd take us to another island the second day at 11 am. We woke up and got ready to go and...waited until after 1 pm for him to be ready to take us out. No one could tell us where he was or when we'd be leaving. When he was finally ready, instead of taking us directly, he stopped at a market on the way and left us waiting on the boat as he shopped. Then we finally got to our island. Less than 4 hours later and said it was time to return (which wasn't very fair, but there wasn't much to do on the second island anyway), but again stopped at a market for 15 minutes while he picked up more supplies.

We stayed for 2 nights at Kuanadup and had a very different experience--far more accomodating. Wished we had spent all 4 nights there.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple