“Absolutely beautiful would go back in a heartbeat!!!!”
Review of Jais Aben Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madang
Jais Aben Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Madang
Boston, Massachusetts
“Absolutely beautiful would go back in a heartbeat!!!!”
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I travelled here with my husband and was completely taken away with the beautiful scenery, exotic birds, palm trees, and the lush green surrounding us. The management were so helpful and the staff were excellent. The food was wonderful and everybody was very helpful. The only part that we hated was having to leave!!! I would recommend this to anybody looking for an amazing experience!

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kerema
Reviewed 29 May 2009

Spent 1 night in this so called Resort.. In the magazines, it looks so stunning with myriad of activities such as Scuba Diving, etc.. i but was trully disappointed with my stay and will surely not go there again.. There isn't even Scuba Diving as stated..

The location is quite scenic and tranquil and sets a nice idyllic feeling of relaxation when I initially checked in at around 2pm. However, after getting a room I was shocked to be provided with Towels, and A/C control and TV remote which I had to return upon checkout.. Felt like being treated like a college student given the basic room amenities, which had to be returned upon clearence...

After settling into the nice cosy bungalow-type room, we went to the restraunt to get seated, only to be hushed away by a waitress who portested that she was still setting the tables for dinner.. It was 3pm so I explained that i wanted to order some late lunch; but to my surprise was told all the cooks had gone and return on 5:30pm to prepare dinner; which consequently ruled out room service.
Luckily I hired a car so went into town for food instead.. I returned at 9:30pm and attempted to order dinner or at least have a quiet drink in the bar, but was turned away a 2nd time!! This time i found out that all services cease at 9pm.. I found it humourous and frustrating at the same time...
Tired driving out after 10pm... and was advised by the security at the Gate that the gates were to be closed at 10:30pm and that we needed to be back by then.. I was shocked by the inconvenience and disconcern the management was imposing on the paying guests... Was totally disgraceful !!

When I was about to checkout in the morning i returned the A/C control and was asked by the receptionist for the towels.. I popped my whistle and gave her an earfull; however, i stopped when I realised that they were in totally agreeance with me and were simply excecutiing these ridiculous rules by the Canadian Management...

I advised the receptionist that I hated the service and I would not be returning to stay at Jais Aben and they need to change the managment if they are serious about keeping customers...

Oh last thing.. the 10min drive from the Main Highway to the Resort is dilapitated, with huge craters.. Be prepared for a bumpy ride from the start !!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NobleRigman

Travellers are raving about these Madang hotels

Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights/3 days. I wish I had the first review from a couple of weeks a go. The view is beautiful with tropical islands in the distance and safe water to snorkel in. We rang to book and were told there were no deluxe bungalows available. When we arrived, most of them were free. Not too bad but no towels and shower water pressure was no there but thats life. The issue is they try and keep you captive with their transport arrangememts. K15 each to go to town - a rip off anyway. But if you want to go into Madang and look around and decide where you want to eat you must book with the resort to return by 5.00pm for a return no later than 6.30 otherwise to return after that time is K60 each. What a disgrace! K120 for 2 of us (they generously decided not to charge for our 10yo) to go 20km one way! I ended up ring a security firm (Paragon Security) who gave us a lift back at our convenience for K30 for all 3 of us.
At the resort, the menu is one price - K50 for adults for dinner for very ordinary buffet meals. They hold you captive with their transport arrangements and then shaft you on meal prices. There is nothing about the place to justify these prices and the transport costs are to dissuade you from eating elsewhere. They tried to tell us there were no PMV's or taxis that went out that way. Nonsense.
The staff are complaining about the new Canadian owners who have raised he prices of everything and they want it to go back to the way it was. They have a nice bar near a beach that they used to cook bbq meals at but that has stopped - must order from the lunch menu at the restaurant - choice of 2 burgers, each at K24. Again, very poor value for money. Though the burgers tasted nice.
Oh - and dont lose your key. Our daughter was tired so she went to bed and locked the door. An hour later and after bashing on the door for 15 minutes I could not wake her. Down to reception and they advised they had no key at all and I should just bash louder. Another 15 minutes and that worked.

A nice place that has been spoiled by sheer greed.

• Liked — Views
  • Disliked — Transport rip off
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank plbk4
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Reviewed 5 January 2009

Booked for 8 nights and stayed for 1.

We booked this location purely based upon recommendations for family friends.

Scuba Diving is not a service this Resort offers (Regardless of the website)

Upon arriving at Jais Aben we were suitably impressed with it's watrefront grounds, palm trees etc..... That is all.......

Location:
Stunning

Rooms:
Clean and tidy
No face washers
No towells (had to ask)
No soap (had to ask)
Air conditioner didn't work
No iron or ironing board
Half the lights didn't work

Service:
Very Slow & had to ask for information more than 4 times on several occasions.
Staff seemed very unhappy about working here
Always had to go to the bar and order drinks as they won't come to your table.

Personal Opinion:
Way overpriced for service levels. Eg 60Kina trip in to town (per person)

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Service & Price
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank T0eknee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madang
Madang Resort Hotel
Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort
Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort
#3 of 7 in New Britain Island
Walindi Plantation Resort

Been to Jais Aben Resort? Share your experiences!