Madang Lodge Hotel
US$105
US$162
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsseaside roommanagement teamgift shopluxurious roomsairport transferbasic amenitiesoverlooking the seagrounds are beautifulplace to staystaff went out of their wayin townbusiness tripbudgetgymlodgeaccommodationbackpackers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have stayed at Madang Lodge on 2 occasions and would return again.
Both times I have been in PNG for work and the lodge has been a haven and the perfect place to relax after. The ocean view pool is one of the highlights of the lodge and the perfect place to watch the sun set.
The rooms (we stayed in the Garden Terraces) were immaculate and comfortable.
The staff went out of their way to be friendly and efficient. I felt this especially when I had to return home urgently due to an family emergency. Everyone at the lodge could not have been kinder or more helpful.
If you're going to Madang I strongly recommend the Madang Lodge!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank skyhigh1234
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My friend and I stayed here for four weeks while working in the hospital in Madang. I cannot speak highly enough of this accommodation and the staff who work there - it was really a home away from home for me and a haven from the busy Madang streets (and hospital).

We stayed in one of the garden terrace rooms where we had a little kitchenette and ensuite bathroom and so were quite self-contained with everything necessary to make ourselves comfortable. Anytime we needed anything at all the reception and/or housekeeping staff were able to organise it for us and all of the staff were always very friendly.

You have to understand that when you're in PNG certain inconveniences may happen such as the water or power going off with no warning, but this is by no means the fault of the lodge and they always tried to keep us up to date with when it would be back on etc. I was really impressed with how efficiently everything was organised and ran.

The swimming pool overlooking the ocean was my absolute favourite spot to relax and the gardens are impeccably maintained with fresh flowers put in the rooms every few days.

I'm very happy that we chose Madang Lodge to stay for our time in PNG and would not hesitate to recommend it nor to return to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TwoHungryHs
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Madang lodge is a nice place to stay in Madang.
The rooms are being cleaned every day. They have rooms for every budget, although PNG Hotels are generally more expensive than expected.
The restaurant is on a large terrace with a nice view over the ocean. The food is good but the menu is not very diverse if you stay longer.
The staff is always very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S R
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Situated right on the water it is attractive, immaculately kept, and spotless. The staff are helpful and were always pleasant. The food was good although dishes can totally change from one night to the next - different chef? I ordered tuna tartare one night which was fabulous but the next night it had a totally different sauce and looked like another dish. I stayed in a seaside room which, although small had a great bathroom and kitchenette. (Book rooms 53-56 for best sea views) Staff were fabulous - I had 2 maintenance guys in my room changing faulty bulbs within minutes of me ringing reception. The restaurant is lovely. Eat on the spacious verandah overlooking the sea.
Very, very relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kokopo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We found Madang to be a pretty, restful and friendly coastal town and Madang Lodge was just the same - the orchid gardens are very pretty, beautiful green lawns with luxury colonial style villas with verandahs, cheaper garden rooms, and for us backpackers, cheap budget rooms. These budget rooms had twin beds, were clean with small wardrobe and desk and the shared shower room/toilets were also clean. Rooms 1-5 (facing street) were hot, claustrophobic & noisy (generator) - avoid them. Rooms 6-11 were at the side and quite pleasant and airy. We thought 12-16 (ish) were the best - screened louvred windows front and back which could be opened to get a lovely breeze and overlooking the orchid garden. And despite paying only about £70 a night (cheap for Madang) you get to use all the wonderful facilities and swan around the very pretty hotel grounds. Restaurant was pricey and average (good pizzas) but incredible position overlooking the bay. Swimming pool was lovely with comfortable loungers also overlooking the bay. Staff couldn't have been more helpful whether backpacker or not. Nice combined shop, cafe with internet was useful for us. Made a really restful wonderful break. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: All good with exception of the street side budget rooms (1-5).
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple