“Wow - what an amazing place ! Trip of a lifetime !!!!!”

Madang Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Madang
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I just returned back from a week stay at Madang Resort and was blown away by my amazing experience !!!! Despite all the negative comments prior to us visiting PNG about safety etc we felt secure at all times whilst in Madang, of course you just need to use common sense to get you by ! I would say its a spot for a wonderful cultural experience and relaxing time away !

All of the staff were wonderful , friendly and warm and would go out of their way to help with anything big or small ! I could not commend them more for the fabulous service we received whilst at the resort !
Busybee & Wesley were our tour guides who took us out on many day trip to local villages , schools, caves , highlands areas and many more interesting places ! They were absolutely fantastic tour guides and very knowledgable- some of the best guides I have experienced throughout my travels worldwide and they made us feel more than welcome ! The food at the resort was of high standard and very reasonably priced with a great with a fantastic variety for all tastebuds!
The resorts grounds are immaculate and a real tropical paradise within itself.
We stayed in a waterfront bungalow which is definately the pick of the bunch - great spot sitting on our overwater deck with a sunrise /sunset - Stunning !
I will be going out of my way to suggest the Madang Resort , as I said it was truly an unfortgettable experience ! Madang is a great spot for travellers who want a wonderful experience of a lifetime !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank AliCairns

Reviewed 16 October 2010

So I was in Madang for a conference but this should not stop you from enjoying the trip. Madang is amazing and the hotel takes very good care of you. I had a great time at the resort and enjoyed staying here. It is beautiful and the staff are helpful.

Food was good - not great but there is a choice and range for lunch and dinner. People are well trained and helpful. I was in the resort part of the hotel and had a lovely room. The views around the resort are amazing and I wish I had the time to go diving and ejoy myself as a colleague had done.

Easily recommend the place to any visitor and for a meeting. Take a trip/dinner to the nearby islands - great stuff.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2010

The Madang Resort is located in a perfect area with the most beautiful surrounding Environment...such a relaxing place to be especially..The view of the sea is perfect..etc

The only thing i found frustrating about the resort was the POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE from especially the front desk and that most of the staff had no idea of their products.. it was like every question we asked about the Resort etc.. we'd get the same answer that either they weren't sure or they dint know

First day we arrived we got our bath towels at 11pm which was a long wait.We actually had to ring and ask for the towels and mind you there were no floor mats/hand towels as well. Then on the 2nd day Madang had showers of blessing so after checking that defiantly there were no umbrellas in the cupboard we called the reception for umbrellas and the guy immediately responds ''didn't you check the cupboard'' ...Well obviously we did check the cupboard that's why we called.

On the last day we argued with the guys at the reception only because they couldn't figure out the definition of ''Land Content Cost'' too make matters worse they didn't even have a copy of their tour packages so the guy was pretty much talking all over the place.

Anyway I must say excellent service by Titus and Timothy and all the Resort Bus Drive.

I would recommend the Front Desk staff pull up their customer service

I have lived in Madang before and must say that the service has dropped from Excellent to very poor..Apart from that the Resort its self is A1

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I stayed for a night after hectic week in Papua New Guinea. A wonderful experience. Good resort. Excellent surroundings and helpful staff. Thank you Madang resort!

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Tranquil resort set amongst beautiful gardens on the edge of Madang Harbour. Snorkeling (the best I've seen), fishing, fascinating tours and activities to witness. A culture ablaze with colour and interesting traditions. White sand and crystal clear waters, pretty villages with gentle people. Something that should be experienced once in your life time. I felt very safe.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank symondsSydney
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I have travelled quite a bit and have to say Madang resort is reasonably priced for the excellent service and awesome views that are worth a million dollars. The scuba diving done by the resort is affordable and a very good experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whiteman_in_PNG
Reviewed 26 January 2010

From the moment we arrived at Madang airport to the day we departed, we found the resort staff to be very courteous, friendly, helpful,co-operative, efficient and honest. Of the many choices in trips available, we chose day trips to local villages and former outposts up the coast. A half day criuse in the harbour included adequate time for a cool dip and coral viewing by snorkel. Our guides were well informed on geographical, historical and topical information. Our room was by the water's edge with a beautiful view over Dallman passage. Meals were eaten in the Haus Win where ships passing through the passage seemed close enough to touch. Banana boats ferried passengers to and from the islands. The lights of canoes fishing at night in the harbour and passage left a lasting impression. The grounds and gardens were always immaculate and colourful. The foyer was adorned with beautiful carvings which were for sale at reasonable prices. The resort has a modern luxury motor vessel available for extended trips and diving charters. All land travel was done by air conditioned buses or 4WD's. Our advice - This place is not a Phuket, Bali or Denarau Is. It's much more. Go with the right attitude to appreciate its natural beautyand the friendliness of the villagers and you will be well rewarded. The Madang Resort is well geared for conventions or just a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple