“Best of customer service in my 18 years lived in Latin America”
Review of Intiotel Chiclayo

Intiotel Chiclayo
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Chiclayo
Chicago
“Best of customer service in my 18 years lived in Latin America”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Luciana Cristobal was fabulous at helping me get my forgotten, left behind reader glasses-returned to me overnight to Lima. The hotel a sweet three star, with FIVE star customer service. Well located, included breakfast buffet and coffee as much as one needs, welcome drink too.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I paid 132 soles for a single room but when I was checking in someone else was checking out and I saw he paid 120 soles for his single room. I asked them if I could also pay that amount and they said no so I just paid 132 but later when I went to ask reception something I saw another receipt and that person had just paid 100 soles. After that I felt I was being overcharged compared to locals and also the room was a bit dreary and I don't feel it was worth 132 soles so I changed hotels. But before checking out I asked them if they would reduce my rate and they said no. They preferred to lose a paying customer rather than give me the discount that they were giving to other people.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank toantarticaandbeyond
Travelling for a year
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This hotel was just ok. I have to admit I was disappointed after the glowing reports on trip advisor.
Staff were very friendly but gave us inaccurate information about our transfer to the airport and ended up having to flag down a taxi.
The rooms are old but clean.
The breakfast was not good for our tastes but was passable.

Room Tip: ASk for a quiet room away from the street
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Desk-Escape-com
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We loved the hotel Inti. They responded promptly and professionally to our email inquiries for booking. They picked us up from the bus station in a big van with a special guide and got us settled in the hotel. They had a restaurant/cafe open for lunch when we were starving. Breakfast was a buffet spread second to none we encountered in Peru. They gave us complimentary cocktail tickets for the bar. Our room was large, clean and quiet with hot shower and a flat screen TV that worked! This is the place to stay in Chiclayo. Its reasonably priced for an excellent experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 May 2011

the hotel is about 500 meters to the plaza de armas, very croudy and busy streets. Nice rooms with warm water and free WIFI, but the windows are not very good, therefore the noise of the streets disturb a lot. Small, nice restaurant in the hotel, friendly stuff. I think, it is difficutl to find better hotels in Chiclayo for that price

Room Tip: ask for inside room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank seetal69
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 9 February 2011

From all the hotels we've stayed at in so many countries, this is one of our all-time favourite. On arrival, we were greeted at the front desk by name ( they took a good guess that we were the ones that had made the reservation and told them we'd arrive approx. 5pm).
We had reserved TWO rooms. for the 1st couple a room with two beds, the second room to have one King-Size bed. The 1st couple were very happy when shown the room. We were disappointed because the room also had two beds. We told the bell-boy and he got on his little walky-talky instantly. In less than 4-minutes we had a room with a King size bed and two-window walls. What a view.!!!
The rooms were spotless. We were up on the 5th floor ( they hasve 6) so traffic noise wasn't an issue. There was a safe in the room, bottled water and the usual mini-bar stuff. Even at $2 for a beer, not bad pricing.
Each evening the beds were turned down, with Chocolates on the pillow.
Breakfast was a wonderful buffet ranging from cereals, toast, buns, scrambled eggs, ham, etc. Coffee - any way you wanted it, tea and various choices of fresh juices.
What a treat. Exceptionally friendly staff EVERYWHERE.
The WiFi works great.
All this for just $59/night - all-in.
As we were travelling in a rented van with driver, they also provided secure, on-site parking.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Juergen R
Ontario
Reviewed 6 February 2011

This is not the Hilton but is a great value 3 star. The desk, bell and wait staff where absolutely the most friendly and helpful you could ask for. Very good breakfast buffet. Great shower! Room had a mini fridge, safe, excellent beds aircon worked well and noise was not a problem. Easy walk to the main square and a good selection of medium priced restaurants nearby. We stayed 3 days as a base for visiting the ruins in the surrounding area. We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple