“Arroz con Pato made it for me”
Review of Casa Blanca - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casa Blanca
Cuisines: Peruvian
Lima
“Arroz con Pato made it for me”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Tough call since I liked this restaurant but my friend thought it was just ok. We both agreed that the general ambience was nice, we got to sit in front of the garden. As for the food, on sundays they have some special traditional dishes, so we started by sharing a Causa Ferrenafana. It was a bit tough to enjoy since the (salty) fish on it comes with a bunch of bones and scales, although I hear that's how it's supposed to be. Then I had Arroz con Pato which made my day, the duck was buttery soft and the rice so tasty. That's why I'd recommend you get the normal one, not the "deshuesado" which can get a bit dryer (and it's also 8 soles more, just for having someone else cut your meat). My friend had Pescado a lo Macho (not a traditional dish from here) and it was just ok. I guess the only thing I didn't like was ordering a side of salad (simple lettuce, tomato, avocado and cucumber) and being charged 10 soles for it. Oh and a friend told me the Dulce de Higos was good dessert but I was so full I couldn't do it, maybe next time!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank brendalia

Peru
“Enjoy a lemonade in the outdoor garden”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Ok Ok I know, other people say Fiestas is the best place to eat in Chiclayo, and while that place is fancy and chic, Casa Blanca has charm, a more laid back atmosphere, a garden that the kids can play in. You can choose to eat indoors or out on the terrace, which overlooks the garden. Granted, the garden is more of a grass lawn with some bushes, trees, and bunnies, but it is enough to create a laid-back, lovely atmosphere. My 10 year old sister in law loves to chase the bunnies, and the staff has always gone above and beyond with my infant daughter, helping maneuver the stroller and even bringing me some napkins when she spit up on me as I was trying to calm her down with a walk in the grass. We go here a few times a month because the food has always been delicious, the service as good as Fiestas, and it is a little bit cheaper than the other "best places to eat" in town. It is also a great place for photos with family. If you are catching a taxi to visit, they may not know exactly where it is, so have the address in hand just in case.

• Visited July 2012