Hotel Don Carlos Puerto Maldonado
Hotel Cabana Quinta(Puerto Maldonado)
US$55
La Torre Inn(Puerto Maldonado)
US$75
US$38
Hotel Puerto Amazonico(Puerto Maldonado)
US$53
La Torre Valsai(Puerto Maldonado)
US$40
Hotel Centenario(Puerto Maldonado)
US$57
  • Bar/Lounge
Sandoval Lake Lodge(Puerto Maldonado)
Priceline
    Wasai Tambopata Lodge(Tambopata National Reserve)
    TripAdvisor
    • Breakfast included
    • Restaurant
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 24 March 2012

I recently stayed here for one night while spending a few nights in Puerto Maldonado because our first hotel choice was sold out on our first night. For the amount we paid 130 Sol per room it did not really live up to expectations. Everything seemed to be quite worn, the sheets and towels all had holes in them. The bed room was clean however the bathroom left a lot to be desired. Although the shower itself had been cleaned the shower head and controls had not been cleaned anytime in the recent past. No shampoo was provided and hot water was nowhere to be found. The other problem was that our rooms faced a residential street and when six o'clock in the morning came around there was absolutely no way you could continue to sleep. There was an internet connection available in the lobby that you could connect your laptop, I didn't use it so I can't comment but it was available. The high points were the staff who although they didn't speak much english were very helpful and friendly and the air conditioning worked great. Over all I wouldn't recommend staying here, for an extra 40 Sol a night we stayed at the Cabana Quinta which was much much better.

Room Tip: Not sure if its possible but try to avoid facing the street.
    • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
    5  Thank G4Traveler
    Reviewed 6 September 2011

THIS HOTEL WAS AWFUL. We only stayed one night, and it was one night to long. (Do your best not to stay in Puerto Maldonado at all, its a depressing town. Instead, look into the EcoLodges on the Rivers. We stayed at EcoAmazonia lodge and it was terrific.) The hotel isn't completed. It's still being worked on everywhere...the pool had at least 10 'holes' around the pool deck (they were grimy and not covered) and if your not paying attention you could break a foot. Also, there was a gym downstairs that was blasting music from when we arrived around 11am until after we left around 7 am. It hurts to listen to. Also, at around 6:30pm one night, the hotel and half of the town lost electricity. I'm not sure if this is a normal occurence, but no one came to knock on our door to apologize or even explain. The sun went down by 6, so if you didn't have a flashlight, it was a problem.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
    3  Thank traveleraugust2011
    Reviewed 15 July 2010

No internet service, they have one cellular modem they share among all the guests in the hotel. No hot water for showers, only had one luke warm shower out the 8 showers I took. Room was never made up during my stay, no clean towels or bed made up. Shower taps were stripped so you could not turn the water off and on.

The good thing about this hotel, the staff tried to be accomadating and the food in the restuarant was excellent. Given that Puerto Maldonado is in the middle of no where in Madre de Dios it was acceptable compared to the other hotels. I was told the place to stay in this city is the Quinta Cabanas.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
    1  Thank RickSandra
    Reviewed 20 December 2009

My recent stay was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting poor accomadations due to the 3 poor reviews posted. I traveled there to train missionaries to build reading eyeglasses. My room was CLEAN. I had room service each day, clean towels and etc. I was allowed to use the internet at no charge and enjoyed the free complimentary breakfast. The hotel staff was very accomadating and helpful. Since the Cabanaquinta was full this was my second choice once again due to the negative feedback. It would seem to me that many things have improved at the Don Carlos in the past year and I would not hesitate to stay there again. I have traveled abroad extensively and find that Americans in general need to lower there expectations - especially in the jungle!
    Dave Branton
    Garnett, Kansas

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
    1  Thank Anteojos
    Reviewed 28 April 2009

Our flight got cancelled and we were forced to stay here. Truly awful. I would NOT recommend it. Definitely, the dirtest hotels I have ever stayed in. Camping would have been a better option. We had 3 different rooms in a 24hour period. The first room- had a bag of chips under the bed and toothpaste on the mirror in the bathroom. The second room was cleaner but only had one bed when we requested 2. The third room had bugs. The grounds are completely unkept.- the jungle was more managable. The staff was rude and forgot to tell us that the shuttle was leaving for the airport. Never received a wake up call. The pool looked like a septic tank. Truly a terrible experience.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends