We stayed in the Santa Maria Inn in April as a stopover whilst travelling from La Paz to Cusco. We arrived in the late afternoon and left early the next morning so just needed somewhere cheap and easy and this place fit the bill. Just a few minutes by taxi from the bus station, as with all buildings in the town of puno, certainly nothing to look at but:
1) The owner was welcoming, polite and friendly with limited English
2) Front doors were kept locked at all times so felt safe
3) Room and bathroom were basic but clean and we had 2 hot showers in a row
4) Breakfast was made for us at 5am to allow us to get our bus at 6 and included a delicious fresh mango juice
5) WIFI worked in our room on the 4th floor
Only negative was that the room was very cold, but thanks to a previous TA review we remembered that heaters were available to hire - at 10 soles (£2) definitely worth it
All in all a decent stay at a decent price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Santa Maria Inn Puno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.