“Highly recommended: Budget accomodation with a service level of 5 stars”
Review of Suites Antonio's

Suites Antonio's
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Puno
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Excellent service, something you would not even expect in a 5 star hotel. They gave us a room with three beds for more space while we had booked just for two.
Special thanks to receptionist CLELIA. She has done everything to help us enjoy our vacation in Puno . After we arrived at the hotel I told her that I need a dentist and she arranged it for me within 2 hours. She even accompanied me to the dentist in her free time to help me with my poor Spanish. She arranged also our tickets for the bus to Cusco. And when I told her next morning that my mattress was not very good, she arranged it that it was replaced immediately.
Also breakfast was very good, and the hotel is very close to the center. A budget accommodation with a superior service. I can highly recommend it

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank MariettaPoos
There are newer reviews for Suites Antonio's

Reviewed 28 May 2011

Two girls running the place it seemed and they were lovely! They both spoke English quite well and they did practically everything for us! When we got to Puno both Mum and I were sick from the altitude and didn't really feel like doing much. The check in was easy, despite the fact that we were originally three people and the third person cancelled on us just a few hours before we got there. They made no fuss - gave us the triple room in case our friend showed up and charged us a doubles price. The room was nice (had a working shower, safe, heater and internet) and they booked our Lake Titicaca tour for us which was fantastic and great quality.

The breakfast was wonderful - a buffet where they make you eggs if you want them, you can make ham and cheese toasted sandwiches, cereal and a number of juices to try.

To sum it up - it looks a bit shabby and its not the best hotel, but the staff work so hard and everything worked well it was good value and we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank rosiejohnson
Reviewed 6 May 2011

We booked a room at Hostal San Antonio only a day before our arrival to Puno. Carlos came to pick us up from bus terminal and his colleague at reception were very friendly and helpful. We got a room which was spacious and clean. What we soon figured out was that there was no heating and hardly any insulation. Read: it was chilly in the evenings. Secondly one had to run shower for 5min before water began warming up. To compensate for low room temp staff at reception arranged us a day tour to Isla Taquile at a very special price plus tickets on InkaExpress to Cuzco. This place is a great value for money for any budget conscious traveller.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank noniin
Reviewed 16 March 2011

For $27 dollars for a double I don't think you can find many places better in Puno if you want private bathrooms with hot water, a space heater, sound sleep. They also provide free pickup from any airport or station in Puno. The lady waited for me for 1.5 hours because my bus was late. And she was still super nice by the time I arrived. This is not a high end place but it is totally satisfactory. This is also not a crazy super cheap loud place for those single young backpackers.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Camaalis
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Excellent budget travellers option, with super helpful staff ( thanks especially to Mavel, who speaks excellent English).

Great location just 2 blocks from the Cathedral. The airport pickup (from Juliaca) was $6 US and Juan was there waiting, though my flight was an hour late.

Excellent buffet breakfast including eggs, fruit, cheese, cold meats, bread, super-strong coffee and freshly made juices.

Free Wifi and 2 computers for guests to use.

TIP
Bring your own shampoo.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank tcyokohama
Reviewed 17 December 2010

The service was some of the best I have ever encountered. One of the girls picked us up at the bus terminal without even letting us know she would be there. They also organized a trip to the islands for us. We had a problem with one of the tour guides: Vladi -- avoid him if at all possible. They are handling this for us.

The hotel itself is basic but comfortable. Internet is readily available on every floor and free. Breakfast is included and is a great buffet. Cable tv is also available for those who want it. Our luggage was safe at the hotel while we went off to the islands.

Excellent place to hang a hat whilst in Puno. I would recommend it to any budget traveller.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sasssea
Reviewed 23 November 2010

My husband and i could only stay for one night, as my husband was very sick in cuzco and we couldnt stay in puno for longer - the hotel manager, Liz was sooooo helpful and very understanding with this. We were traveling throughout south america for 7 weeks, and stayed in some amazing 5 star places. The service and assistance from Liz alone, made this place one of the best of our trip! The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot! just want a traveller needs! location was awesome without question. would thoroughly recommend this to anyone. you will be happy with this one.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple