“Fantastic Place”

Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Puno
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Marcus and his staff need to be commended on providing such an excellent service. Affordable lovely accommodation for backpackers with lovely breakfast included. The staff are extremely helpful and can hook you up for tours across titicaca without charging 3x the price as other hostels do to earn commission. We love this place, thank you Marcus!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

For the price of a double room with private ensuite I was expecting too much but it was easily worth more! Extremely clean, comfortable bed, hot shower. The staff were amazing! So helpful, good English and cook a great breakfast. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2014
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is fairly simple, but a good value in Puno. Although the wi fi did not work in our room, it was functional in the lobby. Our room was the one on the first floor at the end of the hall. It was simple, a little dark, and didn’t have a view or anything. The rate includes a simple breakfast. The staff was friendly, and they arranged transport from the train system in a group bus. I would recommend opting for a taxi instead to save time. I wouldn’t recommend spending much time in Puno as there is not too much to see, but this hotel was good for an overnight stop on our way out to Bolivia.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank snsmith27
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We booked this place not expecting much as it was only for a night, and fairly cheap. The place turned out to be great value for money. Simple but clean. Extremely helpfull and friendly staff. The breakfast wasnt great, but who cares?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Very helpful staff, picked up at bus station and taken to hotel by taxi (I can't remember but this may have been included in price). Well equiped room with tea and coffee available in the corridors. We booked a Lago Titicaca tour at the front desk- was cheaper than we had seen anywhere else and we just booked the night before and got picked up at the front door. Lunch was included, but I'm not sure how we got away with this as everyone else on the tour seemed to have payed more. Good breakfast, with fruit and eggs available, which you don't get everywhere in Peru!! (we mostly stayed in hostels).
Only issue would be that some guests were having a bit of trouble with hot water, and when I was in the shower the water in the shower/taps/toilets stopped completely. It did come on again about 10 mins later.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I just stayed at the suites in Puno with my family last week and had an incredible service experience. The hotel itself is more of a hostel experience than true luxury, but the location is convenient and rooms are clean. The staff allowed me to use their kitchen to prepare/heat meals for my young kids at any time. I returned the favor by always washing my dishes etc. but the convenience of being able to use it was much appreciated.

My family owed them gratitude for being super helpful in face of unrest in Puno which caused roads to be closed and train/plane routes to be cancelled. The staff called the owner Ms Victoria late in the evening when we told them our Andean Explorer train journey had been cancelled the next day, and she, assessing the situation, accompanied my husband to the bus station to see if any buses were leaving that night. No show. She then arranged an overnight taxi for us (drivers were reluctant to leave Puno for fear of damage to their cars by rioters) so we could get to Ollantaytambo for our Machu Picchu tour. I've never had such a helpful experience with staff ANY where.

Out of 10, accommodation: 6; service: 15.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the lowest floors as O2 levels in Puno make climbing stairs unpleasant.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Puja G
Belgium
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I was supposed to go from Cusco to Puno and made reservation at this hotel few months ago. Due to strikes, I had to cancel my trip to Puno as I was stuck in Cusco.
However, I must say the personal from San Antonio has been super! As from the day of the reservation, they have been constantly in touch with me, providing me with all kind of info or reservations that I needed. Even whith the strike, and I had to cancel my stay, they have been following up and gave me updates about the situation. Moreover, thanks to them, my cancellation fees at booking.com were waived.
Just because they have been so great I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and will surely go there If I have the chance to go back to Puno. Thanks again for everything!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo