“Solid option with very nice staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Conde de Lemos

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Conde de Lemos
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Puno
“Solid option with very nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during a motorcycle trip through Peru. My roommate got sick and the hotel was very helpful in bringing chicken soup to the room. The room was largish compared to other Peru hotels we stayed at and the bathroom very ok - not a given in Peru as we learned. Would stay there again. Location is excellent right on the main square. Bring ear plugs to sleep through the barking dogs everywhere.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pensacola, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were a group of four on a self made tour of Machu Picchu - Cusco - Puno and booked through Booking.com. A couple of days before our Puno arrival one of our members came down with a parasite and required hospitalization in Cusco. We had to shorten our Puno visit to give our sick member one day to recover in Cusco before traveling to Puno. Our hotel in Cusco called Condo de Lemos 48 hours before our arrival to inform them. We were told that because of the policies of Booking.com that the change to our reservations was impossible and we had to pay for the full three nights instead of the two nights we actually stayed. So it was. At least they took credit card.

The staff at the hotel were most cordial and helpful. The facilities had good bones but was long in the tooth. We arrived late and used their restaurant. They appeared to have one cook and one server. The server appeared to be untrained and was very slow. We were the only customers and they would not turn on the heater. Items on the menu were not available. The food was okay but the check took 25 minutes to arrive at the table. The server made out the check at the bar and was busy working on it the entire time. We looked at each other and wondered what she would do if more she had more than one table of customers. They took credit card which was a big deal since 60 percent of our USD money was rejected due to micro tears.

Other reviews were spot on regarding facilities including photos. The beds had the most covers I have ever experienced. Heat was provided by an electrical radiator ... no central air in Peru. But my CPAP machine and the heater could not fit on the outlet at once. So I had to choose breathing or heating. The shower did heat up fairly fast but the tub accumulated about 7 inches of water as it was a slow drainer.

If you want to stay at Hotel Conde de Lemos I would recommend going through the hotel directly and staying away from booking sites like Booking.com. I might stay here again because of location and nice staff but might look elsewhere first. I would not choose to eat here again except breakfast. Overall the hotel was a weak okay. It still irritates me that we had to pay for two rooms for a night which we did not stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SeaKayker
Abbotsford, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here 3 nights which was 2 nights too many, but with my wife feeling very ill from eating some bad food we had little choice but to let here get some rest and recuperate. Our room faced the cathedral but the street noise and fumes from the traffic was unpleasant to say the least. When we first entered the room it had what I thought was the smell of smokers previously occupying the room but we soon realized it was from the traffic directly below. The room was dated with torn and dirty carpet, the bathroom had a large soaker type tub that almost required a set of stairs to get in and out of, the shower head was above this tub with no curtains to contain any over spray but then again they weren't needed as the water came out as barely a trickle and at best was just warm if you timed it right between others in the hotel taking showers, if your timing was off then you had a COLD shower. Breakfast was just so so, I was afraid to eat the meat, cheese or butter due to a strong smell, not fresh at all so I stuck to the scrambled eggs potatoes and sausage the breads though were quite good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John S
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

There are many lodging options in Puno to select from, so how to choose? Puno itself is rather bland and doesn't offer a lot in the way of architecture, history, or attractions, and is often just a stopover for those who fly/bus/train here for the Islands and then continue on elsewhere. It is a city built of taller, densely packed concrete buildings and most lodging choices for the typical tourist are in walking proximity to the Plaza & the tourist walking street a few blocks away.

I was here for two nights, and when looking around for where to book was vacillating between a 50/night hostel and spending 85ish and getting a newer hotel; however none of the choices excited me and drew me in. I did keep going back and looking at the Conde de Lemos because of it's funky design and decor, which is certainly ( for good or bad ) eyecatching. I knew it was outdated, but that's ok by me, esp because it has a flavor, a character that most of the other places seemed to lack. it also had some rooms with balconies and even one with a good view down to the lake. But the pricing seemed a bit high, still so I kept looking over the other choices, and nothing compelled be to book.

So, one night, with this being the only stop on the trip not yet booked for lodging, I sent an email direct to the hotel, asking for their best rate. Well, a fellow named Danny came back with a fantastic offer if I paid in cash; I replied that if I could have a top floor room with a balcony and a view of the lake I'd book immediately. I knew there was really only one room with this ( two of the top floor rooms have the large terrace, way bigger than a balcony and they are on the corners, but only one has the really good lake view due to the other having a wall blocking the view ) but to my happy surprise Danny agreed to give us that room for the offered price. I just want to say here that Danny was a great guy, pleasant to communicate with and very accommodating in person.

The room, 606, is a corner suite with a second sitting room and a second wall of windows, a gigantic terrace with views of the Cathedral and lake, and a double convenience bath- one bathroom has a sink & toilet, the other a sink and shower. There was plenty of room, and of course plenty of windows. If you look at my pictures you'll see the view from the terrace. There was also a heater in the room.

The hotel itself is pretty neat. A bit long in the tooth yes, but I liked it's style! Great location in front of the Cathedral, and the walking/restaurant street is a few minutes walk away. Nice breakfast room on the second floor, and a decent buffet to choose form ( relative to Peru's typical offerings ). Elevator, English speaking front desk, all the coca tea you can drink, and they will book your lake tour for a very reasonable price.

Ok, so here are m Pros & Cons.

Pros:
1. Great value for the deal we got on their suite, and what is the best room in the house.
2. Good location.
3. Memorable stay, due to the décor and style.
4. Happy with the breakfast.
5. Accommodating staff.
6. Split bathrooms, always a plus.
7. Huge terrace with lake views.
8. Elevator in building.

Cons:
1. Overall the place has some deferred maintenance and is outdated. But this is what it is, and it's not really that bad. The décor is what makes it memorable anyhow, so relax let it put a smile on your face.
2. Our room had a slow draining shower; easily correctable but not fun.
3. Toilet seat was broken, unsecured on one side. Again, easily correctable.

All in all, really happy for the price paid and being given the suite. They also arranged an early morning taxi to the airport for us without charging a markup on the price.

Room Tip: I'm always a fan of booking a room with a balcony... and I'd ask for a high floor, as it'...
1 Thank 1dancing_fool
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel was ok. The common area was not very attractive and did not encourage one to sit there. The breakfast was similar fare to the usual in PERU - eggs bread cheese sliced meat etc. our room had a tired feel about it. We had a spa, which leaked, and was very difficult to enter to have a shower.

The location was good, opposite the Plaza de Armas, not far from Lima street mall which is the centre of the action in Puno. The downside is that it is a taxi journey from the port area.

West Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel itself may be a bit dated but overall the room was clean and the staff were very friendly. We had a room with a terrace that over looked the church and plaza it was adjacent to and we could seen the lake in the distance. It was priced well. The breakfast left something to be desired for me but my boyfriend enjoyed it. They booked our trip on the lake without any issues. While the town itself is not a real tourist attraction the stay here was pleasant and I would recommend it to those looking to stay in Puno.

Stellenbosch, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was a great find! Really good value for money and the location was perfect - close to walking street with restuarants 5 min. And the lake was about 15 min walk away or 5 min with small scooter taxis. We had a large room at the front with balcony looking out onto the main square and cathedral - it was very nice to lie in bed and see the cathedral. There was a small sitting area with fridge (stocked with water and coldrinks for purchase) and you could close curtains between this area and bedroom. The bathroom was also nice and clean with a huge corner bath and shower. Got fresh towels every day and the bed was huge. The pillows were unfortunately like rocks, but we managed to find another softer one. The staff were super friendly and nice and always smiling when we came in. I was sick with a stomach bug unfortunately, so didn't try the breakfast, but my husband said that it was great and there was a big variety and good choice. The best he had on our trip to Peru. Luckily for me the room was so nice and comfortable, so I could recover!! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for room at front as you have a balcony with view over the main square and church
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SOL044, Gerente at Hotel Conde de Lemos, responded to this review, 11 October 2014
Dear Sir.
We are very happy with our stay in your beautiful Hotel Conde de Lemos; share with our staff to motivate and continue to improve our service, we love to receive them and make your stay, memorable moments.
Sincerely