All reviews top floor great view of the lake recommend this hotel cereal lobby housekeeping peru
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Puno doesn't have quite the choices as Cusco & Lima. This hotel had a very nice lobby & the rooms were fine. Comfortable bed. Quiet room. Attractions here (Uros) make any hotel ok in order to have the experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank retired43
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Pleasant stay. The bed was comfortable, and the shower pressure and temperature were both very good. The breakfast was varied and tasty. Nice view from some of the rooms and from the restaurant. Convenient location a block from the main square and close to main tourist street and restaurants. Service was good.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gabalaw
Reviewed 2 September 2012

we are still in the hotel and the rooms are well appointed, tv, shower, fridge, lake view. However room 901 is a great room and overlooks the lake. But the restarant is one floor above, our first night was fine but the next night they had a conference or party and it was really noisey. Perhaps ask for floor 8 and lake view. Also first morning no staff in restaurant and not much food at breakfast but the next morning after the coference a guy was making omelettes and there was more fruit.Good location and some cheap restaurants in the next road . If you hesitate when you look at the menu outside they offer a free pisco sour with a meal to tempt you in. Hot wine is like Gluvein and is great on a cold evening.So friendly in puno and homestay on the island was a good exoerience.

Room Tip: try floor 8, high enough to see lake as floor 9 below restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank diswix
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My daughters and i stayed here for three nights and while the trimmings are pretty, the service at this hotel leaves much to be desired. My youngest daughter had to stay back at the hotel because she was ill. She was too sick to go out and when she asked for more water and toilet paper, they charged her for the both. She had been too sick earlier in the day for them to clean the room and when my oldest daughter and I returned for the day and requested they clean the room, they took the soap and didn't replace it, they didn't leave new towels and they didn't clean it very well. Very expensive and very disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank retiredteacher55
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This 4-star hotel is tucked in a little corner but near to the Plaza de Armas and street of shops and money exchangers. Hotel location was great as it took me less than half an hour to do my last minute shopping for all my souvenirs, especially when I'm not feeling well!!! Front desk service is great. Needed to change USD$50 only and the porter was sent to make the exchange for me and money sent up to my room! Needed help with confirmation of airport transfer with my travel agency SAS Travel and front desk did the necessary too. Cleaning of the room was so-so cos only ONE complimentary bottle of water given on the first day though I paid for three nights of stay. One packet of shampoo used by the previous traveller was still left in the bathing area when I shifted in. Hotness of water at the shower is not steady compared to some of the 3-star hotels I've stayed in but generally acceptable. Stayed on the ninth floor and had a lovely view of Lake Titicaca. Was not feeling well and ate my dinners at the resaurant on the tenth floor. I seem to be its only customer though but it may be due to the fact that I ate as early as 5-6pm. No opportunity of comparison about the food but I'm perfectly happy with what I ordered (rice with steak /stir-fried beef) and find the price (~$26-28 soles) reasonable since it's a 4-star hotel. Laundry is more expensive ($9 soles/kg) than at Cusco (USD$2/kg) and I can only presume it's due to the fact that I'm staying at a 4-star hotel...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo